timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column FEMA And NOAA’s NWA Spell It Out.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What are “Sastrugi?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

An upper level low (Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) brings onshore airflow and increased chances of wet weather. A surface frontal system has returned cooler air and the chance of showers. A high pressure ridge takes over keeping the rain away for a while starting Friday. A frontal system will be sliding the Pacific Northwest  Sunday morning, but it looks dry and should only cool us a bit for Mother’s Day.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 31 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 29 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Cloudy with evening showers likely (60%), a (30%) chance of showers late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), just mostly cloudy in the evening, mostly clear late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Friday, mostly clear Friday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Saturday, then mostly clear Saturday night.
  • lows 48-50 highs 68-78.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday and in the evening, mostly cloudy late at night,
  • AM clouds, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler Monday afternoon, partly cloudy Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday and Wednesday, mostly clear Tuesday night.
  • highs 69-66 warming to 75 Wednesday lows 48-46. (seasonal averages high 65 low 42).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (8)

Trees………. Moderate (72)

Last Counted: 5/04/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, a (30%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Thursday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, partly cloudy and warmer with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Friday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly clear late Friday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Saturday, then partly cloudy at night.
  • lows 48-52 highs 66-80.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday (Mother’s Day) and Sunday night,
  • Then sunny and a bit warmer Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, clear each night.
  • highs 74-78 lows 48-50. (seasonal averages high 68 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of coastal showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy Friday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of evening inland showers and mostly clear late while partly cloudy in the evening at the shore and mostly clear late Friday night,
  • Mostly sunny Saturday, then mostly clear at night.
  • lows 52-50 warming back to 52 Friday night highs 60-66.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday (Mother’s Day) and Sunday night,
  • Then sunny and a bit warmer Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, clear each night,
  • highs 62-67 lows 49-52. (seasonal averages high 58 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Cloudy with showers tonight and isolated thunderstorms this evening (0.25 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM showers, showers likely (60%) and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of evening showers, just mostly cloudy late Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of afternoon showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers in the evening, then just partly cloudy late at night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. today and tonight, 8,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, then above 8,000 ft. Friday and Friday night,
  • Partly cloudy in the AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon, partly cloudy Saturday night.
  • lows 38-42 highs 54-67.
  • Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Sunday (Mother’s Day), partly cloudy Sunday night through Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday and Wednesday, mostly clear Tuesday night.
  • free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night, 11,000 ft. Monday, then 12,000 ft. Monday night through Wednesday.
  • highs 57-65 lows 42-38 warming back to 42 Tuesday night.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column FEMA And NOAA’s NWA Spell It Out.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What are “Sastrugi?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

An upper level low (Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) brings onshore airflow and increased chances of wet weather. A surface frontal system has returned cooler air and the chance of showers. A high pressure ridge takes over keeping the rain away for a while starting Friday. A frontal system will be lurking just offshore Sunday morning, but it looks dry and should only cool us a bit for Mother’s Day.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 23 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 28 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers likely (70%) today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with evening showers likely (60%), a (30%) chance of showers late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy in the evening, partly cloudy late at night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night.
  • highs 66-72 lows near 48.
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Saturday, partly cloudy Saturday night through Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • highs 77-69 warming to 72 Monday lows 48-44. (seasonal averages high 64 low 42).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. High (20)

Trees………. High (95)

Last Counted: 5/03/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • AM showers likely (60%), showers likely (70%) with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler this afternoon and this evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with showers likely (60%) late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy in the AM,  partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Friday afternoon, then just partly cloudy Friday night.
  • highs 66-75 lows 48-50.
  • Partly cloudy a bit warmer Saturday through Monday (a bit cooler Sunday (Mother’s Day) and Monday), mostly clear Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • highs 80-74  warming to 77 Tuesday lows 52-47. (seasonal averages high 67 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a (40%) chance of coastal showers while inland showers likely (60%) tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Thursday, just mostly cloudy Thursday night,
  • AM and late night clouds otherwise  partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night.
  • highs 58-65 lows 49-52.
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Saturday, partly cloudy Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy Sunday (Mother’s Day), partly cloudy Sunday night and Monday, mostly clear Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • highs 67-63 warming to 65 Tuesday lows 52-49. (seasonal averages high 58 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Cloudy with showers likely (60%) this AM, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers and scattered thunderstorms this afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible, more in storms), cloudy with evening showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms, a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM showers, showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of evening showers, just mostly cloudy Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of afternoon showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers in the evening, then just partly cloudy late at night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. today and tonight, 8,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, then above 8,000 ft. Friday and Friday night.
  • highs 57-54 warming to 62 Thursday lows 38-42.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and Saturday night,
  • Mostly sunny in the AM, partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon (Mother’s Day), partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday night through Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Saturday through. Sunday night, 11,000 ft. Monday, 12,000 ft. Monday night, then 11,000 ft. Tuesday.
  • highs 65-58 warming to 63 Tuesday lows 40-37.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column FEMA And NOAA’s NWA Spell It Out.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What are “Sastrugi?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

An upper level low (Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) brings onshore airflow and increased chances of wet weather. A surface frontal system has returned cooler air and the chance of showers. A high pressure ridge takes over keeping the rain away for a while. A frontal system will be lurking just offshore Sunday morning, but it looks dry and should only cool us a bit for Mother’s Day.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 23 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 28 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with occasional AM drizzle, a bit cooler with afternoon showers likely (70%) Wednesday (0.10 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, just partly cloudy late at night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night.
  • lows 50-45 highs 62-69.
  • Mostly sunny Saturday (warmer) and Mother’s Day Sunday (cooler), mostly clear Saturday night,  partly cloudy Sunday night through Monday night,
  • Then and a bit warmer mostly sunny Tuesday.
  • highs 77-69 warming to 72 Monday lows 48-44. (seasonal averages high 64 low 42).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. High (20)

Trees………. High (95)

Last Counted: 5/03/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with showers tonight,
  • Showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Wednesday, cloudy with showers likely (60%) at night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night.
  • lows 50-47 highs 66-75.
  • Partly cloudy a bit warmer Saturday through Monday (a bit cooler Sunday (Mother’s Day) and Monday), mostly clear Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • highs 79-74  warming to 76 Tuesday lows 49-45. (seasonal averages high 67 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy with scattered showers likely (70%) this evening, showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Wednesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of coastal showers while inland showers likely (60%) Wednesday night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening coastal showers while a slight (20%) chance of inland showers Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night.
  • lows 52-49 highs 58-65.
  • Sunny Saturday, partly cloudy Saturday night (Mother’s Day Sunday) through Monday night,
  • Then sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • highs 60-62 warming to 64 Tuesday lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 58 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with showers and a chance of thunderstorms this evening, decreasing showers late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday (0.25 in. of rain possible, more in storms),  cloudy with evening showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms, then a good (50%) chance of showers at night (0.25 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday, a (30%) chance of evening showers, just mostly Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Friday, then just partly cloudy late at night.
  • snow level 9,000 ft. tonight, above 8,000 ft. Wednesday, 9,000 ft. Wednesday night, 8,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, free air freezing level 10,000 ft. Friday, then 11,000 ft. Friday night.
  • lows 37-35 highs 53-48 warming to 58 Friday.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with Saturday and Saturday night,
  • Mostly sunny Sunday (Mother’s Day), partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday night through Monday night,
  • Then mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Saturday through Sunday, 11,000 ft. Sunday night, 10,000 ft. Monday, then 11,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday.
  • highs 64-59 warming to 62 Tuesday lows 42-37.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column FEMA And NOAA’s NWA Spell It Out.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What are “Sastrugi?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

An upper level low (Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) brings onshore airflow and increased chances of wet weather. A surface frontal system returns cooler air and the chance of showers. High pressure takes over for a dry and warmer weekend then by next Sunday another frontal system will be moving through the Pacific Northwest returning cooler temperatures and precipitation.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 20 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 8 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 15 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Increasing clouds to mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of  scattered showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers at night (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a showers likely (70%) Wednesday, a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, then just mostly cloudy late at night.
  • lows 53-45 highs 68-62.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Friday, partly cloudy Friday night through Sunday night, then AM clouds and a mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler Monday afternoon.
  • highs 70-76 cooling back to 70 Monday lows 46-48 cooling to 44 Sunday night. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (6)

Trees………. Moderate (38)

Last Counted: 4/26/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Tuesday night through Wednesday night,
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night.
  • lows 50-45 highs 70-60.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night,
  • Partly cloudy a bit warmer Saturday and Saturday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Sunday, then just partly cloudy Sunday night and Monday.
  • highs 70-76 cooling back to 70 Monday lows 47-50 cooling to 46 Sunday night. (seasonal averages high 67 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers in the evening, showers likely (60%) late Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Wednesday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of coastal showers while inland showers likely (70%) Wednesday night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night.
  • lows 52-46 highs 59-56.
  • Just mostly cloudy Friday, then partly cloudy Friday night through Monday.
  • highs 60-64 cooling back to 60 Sunday and Monday lows 48-52 cooling back to 48 Sunday night. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms this evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a showers likely (70%) and  a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms), showers likely (70%) Tuesday night (0.25 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers Wednesday, cloudy with showers likely (70%) at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday, then a (30%) chance of showers Thursday night.
  • snow level 9,000 ft. tonight and Tuesday, above 8,000 ft. Tuesday night,  8,000 ft. Wednesday and Wednesday night, then 7,500 ft. Thursday and Thursday night.
  • lows 42-35 highs 59-48.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, then partly cloudy and a bit cooler Saturday night through Monday
  • snow level 8,000 ft. Friday, 9,000 ft. Friday night, then free air freezing level 11,000 ft. Saturday through Monday.
  • highs 56-62 lows 40-42.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column FEMA And NOAA’s NWA Spell It Out.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What are “Sastrugi?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Another upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) will keep us warmer than normal for one more day today then upper level low pressure (Shaded “U” shape on previous graphic) starts taking over. A frontal system (shown out to the Northwest over the Pacific Ocean) will return the chance of showers by late today into Tuesday. By next Sunday another frontal system will be moving into the Pacific Northwest.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 30 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 11 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 25 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of  showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers likely (70%) Wednesday and Wednesday night.
  • highs 80-63 lows 53-48.
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers,  just mostly cloudy at night,
  • AM clouds,  partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night,
  • AM clouds, Sunny Saturday afternoon, partly cloudy at night,
  • Then AM clouds and partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon.
  • highs 63-76 cooling to 72 Sunday lows 44-48. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (6)

Trees………. Moderate (38)

Last Counted: 4/26/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Becoming partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Wednesday and Wednesday night.
  • highs 85-62 lows 50-48.
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday and Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy a bit warmer Saturday and Saturday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday.
  • highs 63-76 cooling to 73 Sunday lows 45-48. (seasonal averages high 67 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy and cooler this afternoon and evening with a slight (20%) chance of inland thunderstorms, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) and a bit cooler Wednesday, then cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night.
  • highs 70-57 lows 52-48.
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Just mostly cloudy Friday, partly cloudy Friday night through Saturday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers  Sunday.
  • highs 57-63 cooling to 60 Sunday lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and thunderstorms this evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with showers likely (60%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, just cloudy late Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon, cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of scattered thunderstorms in the evening, then a good (50%) chance of showers late at night.
  • snow level above 9,000 ft. today through Tuesday night, then 8,000 ft. Wednesday and Wednesday night.
  • highs 70-52 lows 42-35.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday and in the evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, just partly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon.
  • snow level 6,500 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, 8,000 ft. Friday, then above 8,000 ft. Friday night through Sunday.
  • highs 48-63 lows 35-40.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column I’ll Run… But Only If I’m Being Chased.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Roll Cloud?” Here is the correct answer. A  Roll Cloud is a low, horizontal tube-shaped arcus cloud associated with a thunderstorm gust front (or sometimes with a cold front). Roll clouds are relatively rare; they are completely detached from the thunderstorm base or other cloud features, thus differentiating them from the more familiar shelf clouds. Roll clouds usually appear to be “rolling” about a horizontal axis, but should not be confused with funnel clouds. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Another upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) will keep us warmer than normal for one more day Monday then upper level low pressure (Shaded “U” shape on previous graphic) starts taking over. A frontal system (shown out to the Northwest over the Pacific Ocean) will return the chance of showers by late Monday into Tuesday. By next Sunday another frontal system will be moving into the Pacific Northwest.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 23 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 4 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 18 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Clear tonight,
  • Mostly sunny Monday AM, becoming partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of  showers and thunderstorms late Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Then cloudy and a bit cooler with showers likely (70%) Wednesday and Wednesday night.
  • lows 50-48 highs 78-63.
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers,  just mostly cloudy at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Friday, partly cloudy Friday night through Saturday night,
  • Then mostly sunny Sunday AM and partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon.
  • highs 63-73 cooling to 70 Sunday lows 44-48. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (6)

Trees………. Moderate (38)

Last Counted: 4/26/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • AM sun, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Monday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Wednesday and Wednesday night.
  • lows 50-48 highs 85-62.
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday and Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Saturday through Sunday.
  • highs 63-76 cooling to 73 Sunday lows 45-48. (seasonal averages high 67 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Sunny in the AM, more clouds to partly cloudy and cooler Monday afternoon and evening with a slight (20%) chance of inland thunderstorms, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) and a bit cooler Wednesday, then cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night.
  • lows 52-48 highs 70-57.
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night through Sunday.
  • highs 57-63 cooling to 60 Sunday lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Mostly sunny Monday AM, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Tuesday, cloudy with showers likely (60%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • AM showers likely (70%), mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon, cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of scattered thunderstorms in the evening, then a good (50%) chance of showers late at night.
  • free air freezing level 11,000 ft. falling to 10,000 ft. late tonight, snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday through Tuesday, 8,000 ft. Tuesday night and Wednesday, then 7,500 ft. Wednesday night.
  • lows 40-35 highs 70-54.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday and in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, just partly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday.
  • snow level 6,000 ft. Thursday, 6,000 ft. Thursday night, 6,500 ft. rising to above 8,000 ft. Friday, above 8,000 ft. Friday night through Saturday evening, free air freezing level 11,000 ft. late Saturday night and Sunday AM, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Sunday afternoon.
  • highs 52-60 cooling to 58 Sunday lows 35-42.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column I’ll Run… But Only If I’m Being Chased.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Roll Cloud?” Here is the correct answer. A  Roll Cloud is a low, horizontal tube-shaped arcus cloud associated with a thunderstorm gust front (or sometimes with a cold front). Roll clouds are relatively rare; they are completely detached from the thunderstorm base or other cloud features, thus differentiating them from the more familiar shelf clouds. Roll clouds usually appear to be “rolling” about a horizontal axis, but should not be confused with funnel clouds. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Another upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) strengthens and moves over us for more sunshine for rest of the weekend through early next week when upper level low pressure (Shaded “U” shape on previous graphic) starts taking over. By Tuesday morning a frontal system is preparing to bring more rain.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 35 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 12 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 28 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Sunny and much warmer today, clear tonight,
  • Mostly sunny Monday and mostly cloudy at night, a slight (20%) chance of  showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, a (40%) chance of showers late at night.
  • highs 80-70 lows near 50.
  • Cloudy with showers likely (70%) Wednesday AM, a bit cooler with showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon and Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of showers  at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun Friday,  then just partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 65-70 lows 48-46. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (6)

Trees………. Moderate (38)

Last Counted: 4/26/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Sunny and much warmer today, mostly clear tonight,
  • AM sun, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Monday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms late Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a (40%) chance of showers late Tuesday night.
  • highs 85-73 lows near 50.
  • Mostly cloudy with AM showers likely (60%), showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late at night and Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday and Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Saturday.
  • highs 63-72 lows near 48. (seasonal averages high 66 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Sunny and much warmer today, clear tonight,
  • Sunny in the AM, more clouds to partly cloudy and cooler Monday afternoon with a slight (20%) chance of inland thunderstorms, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening coastal thunderstorms and a slight (20%) chance of showers at night while a slight (20%) chance of inland thunderstorms Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, then cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night.
  • highs 77-63 lows 53-50 warming back to 53 Tuesday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Wednesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night and Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday, then partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 57-63 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Sunny and a bit warmer today, partly cloudy in the evening, clear tonight,
  • Mostly sunny Monday AM, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms late Monday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon, cloudy with showers likely (60%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then mostly cloudy a good (50%) chance of showers late Tuesday night.
  • free air freezing level 9,000 ft. rising to 10,000 ft. this afternoon, 11,000 ft. falling to 10,000 ft. late tonight, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday through Tuesday night.
  • highs 66-70 cooling to 60 Tuesday lows near 40.
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM showers, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon, showers likely (70%) with a slight (20%) chance of scattered thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers, showers likely (70%) late Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday.
  • snow level  8,000 ft. Wednesday, 7,500 ft. Wednesday night, 6,500 ft. Thursday through Friday, then above 8,000 ft. Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 54-50 warming to 58 Saturday lows 35-38.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column I’ll Run… But Only If I’m Being Chased.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Roll Cloud?” Here is the correct answer. A  Roll Cloud is a low, horizontal tube-shaped arcus cloud associated with a thunderstorm gust front (or sometimes with a cold front). Roll clouds are relatively rare; they are completely detached from the thunderstorm base or other cloud features, thus differentiating them from the more familiar shelf clouds. Roll clouds usually appear to be “rolling” about a horizontal axis, but should not be confused with funnel clouds. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Another upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) strengthens and moves over us for more sunshine for the weekend through early next when upper level low pressure (Shaded “U” shape on previous graphic) starts taking over. By Tuesday morning a frontal system is preparing to bring more rain.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 19 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 8 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 17 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Clear tonight,
  • Sunny and much warmer Sunday, clear Sunday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Monday, a slight (20%) chance of evening thunderstorms otherwise a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, then cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers at night.
  • lows 43-50 highs 80-70.
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of showers  at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun Friday with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, mostly cloudy in the evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Friday night and Saturday AM, then just partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon.
  • highs 65-68 lows near 46. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (6)

Trees………. Moderate (38)

Last Counted: 4/26/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Sunny and much warmer Sunday, mostly clear at night,
  • AM sun, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Monday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon, cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a (40%) chance of showers late Tuesday night.
  • lows 44-50 highs 85-75.
  • Mostly cloudy with AM showers likely (60%), showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late at night and Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday and Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Saturday.
  • highs 64-70 lows near 48. (seasonal averages high 66 low 45).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Sunny and much warmer Sunday, clear Sunday night,
  • Sunny in the AM, more clouds to partly cloudy and cooler Monday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, then cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night.
  • lows 48-53 cooling to 50 Monday night and Tuesday night highs 79-63.
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Wednesday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night and Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday, then partly cloudy Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 59-62 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly clear tonight,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Sunday, clear Sunday night,
  • Mostly sunny Monday AM, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, then mostly cloudy a good (50%) chance of showers late Tuesday night.
  • free air freezing level 9,000 ft. tonight, 9,000 ft. rising to 10,000 ft. Sunday afternoon and Sunday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday through Tuesday night.
  • lows 35-43 cooling to 39 Tuesday night highs 63-65 cooling to 60 Tuesday.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday, showers likely (70%) with a slight (20%) chance of scattered thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday.
  • snow level  7,500 ft. Wednesday, 7,000 ft. Wednesday night, then 6,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, 5,500 ft. Friday, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 54-50 warming back to 54 Saturday lows 35-38.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column I’ll Run… But Only If I’m Being Chased.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Roll Cloud?” Here is the correct answer. ARoll Cloud is a low, horizontal tube-shaped arcus cloud associated with a thunderstorm gust front (or sometimes with a cold front). Roll clouds are relatively rare; they are completely detached from the thunderstorm base or other cloud features, thus differentiating them from the more familiar shelf clouds. Roll clouds usually appear to be “rolling” about a horizontal axis, but should not be confused with funnel clouds. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Another upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) strengthens and moves toward us for more sunshine for the weekend through early next. By Monday morning a frontal system is perched offshore preparing to bring the chance of rain back by Tuesday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 8 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Patchy AM fog, partly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Mostly sunny and much warmer Sunday, partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and cooler Monday and Monday night.
  • highs 67-80 cooling to 77 Monday lows 42-49.
  • Partly cloudy and cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a (40%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday, just mostly cloudy at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Friday.
  • highs 72-65 warming to 69 Friday lows 50-47. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (6)

Trees………. Moderate (38)

Last Counted: 4/26/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Partly cloudy this AM, sunny and warmer this afternoon and Sunday, clear tonight, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night.
  • highs 68-84 lows 44-52 cooling to 49 Monday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM showers, a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon and evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late at night and Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 74-67 lows near 49. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy this AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer this afternoon, clear tonight,
  • Sunny and much warmer Sunday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • Sunny and cooler Monday, then partly cloudy Monday night.
  • highs 59-77 cooling to 68 Monday lows 48-53 cooling to 50 Monday night.
  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers, cooler with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  •  Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday through Thursday, mostly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy Friday.
  • highs 62-60 lows 52-48. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Partly cloudy this AM, mostly sunny and warmer this afternoon,  mostly clear tonight,
  • Mostly sunny and much warmer Sunday, then partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening, then a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night.
  • free air freezing level 6,000 ft. rising to 8,000 ft. this afternoon, 9,000 ft. tonight, 10,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday and Monday night.
  • highs 56-67 lows 34-42.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and much cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday AM, a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a good (50%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and much cooler Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Friday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday night, then 7,000 ft. Thursday through Friday.
  • highs 64-54 warming to 59 Friday lows 40-46.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column I’ll Run… But Only If I’m Being Chased.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

__________

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Roll Cloud?”  Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Another upper level high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) dried us out Thursday. Today shows a weak frontal system moved through the Pacific Northwest bringing more chances of showers. It looks like high pressure strengthens again for more sunshine for the weekend through early next. By Monday morning another frontal system that brings back at least a slight chance of showers. Looking even farther out a frontal system will make landfall at the coast keeping the shower chance with us.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 10 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 5 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories: None At This Time.

 

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), just partly cloudy late tonight,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday, mostly clear at night,
  • Mostly sunny and much warmer Sunday, partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and cooler Monday and Monday night.
  • lows 42-49 highs 65-80 cooling to 77 Monday.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a (40%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday, just mostly cloudy at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Friday.
  • highs 72-65 warming to 69 Friday lows 50-47. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41).

_____

 

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass………. Moderate (6)

Trees………. Moderate (38)

Last Counted: 4/26/16

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Partly cloudy in the AM, sunny and warmer Saturday afternoon and Sunday, clear Saturday night, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night.
  • lows 44-52 cooling to 49 Monday night highs 68-85.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM showers, a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon and evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late at night and Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 74-67 lows near 49. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44).

 

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of coastal showers this evening and just partly cloudy late while mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of inland showers tonight,
  • Partly cloudy Saturday AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer in the afternoon, clear at night,
  • Sunny and much warmer Sunday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • Sunny and cooler Monday, then partly cloudy Monday night.
  • lows 46-53 highs 59-77 cooling to 68 Monday.
  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers, cooler with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday night,
  •  Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday through Thursday, mostly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy Friday.
  • highs 62-60 lows 52-48. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (70%) this evening, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 1 in. of snow possible),
  • Partly cloudy Saturday AM, mostly sunny and warmer in the afternoon,  mostly clear Saturday night,
  • Mostly sunny and much warmer Sunday, then partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night.
  • snow level 4,500 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 6,000 ft. rising to 8,000 ft. Saturday afternoon, 9,000 ft. Saturday night, 10,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday and Monday night.
  • lows 30-40 highs 56-67.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and much cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and much cooler Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Friday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday night, then 7,000 ft. Thursday through Friday.
  • highs 70-57 lows near 40.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________



Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder