Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column It Happens At The End Of Each May, But Do You Know Why?
Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?
And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?
Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is “Staccato Lightning?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.
An upper level high (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) will keep us in sunshine and warmer temperatures for the rest of the long Memorial Day holiday weekend. A weak cold front will be moving toward the Pacific Northwest Wednesday returning slightly cooler temperatures. By next Sunday a frontal system will be approaching the coast.
Air Quality Index:
Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 33 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.
Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 12 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.
Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 31 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.
Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).
Advisories: None At This Time.
Home Wood Heating Advisory:
Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.
Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.
*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.
Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:
- Mostly sunny and a bit warmer today (Memorial Day), clear tonight,
- Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, mostly clear Tuesday night,
- Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Wednesday, partly cloudy at night.
- high 75-87 cooling to 84 Wednesday lows 45-53.
- Mostly sunny in the AM, partly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon and evening, then just partly cloudy Friday through Saturday AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer in the afternoon, then partly cloudy Saturday night and Sunday.
- highs 80-87 cooling to 85 Sunday lows near 54. (seasonal averages high 69 low 45.)
Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:
Grass………. High (140)
Trees………. Low (7)
Last Counted: 5/27/16
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.
Forecast for Roseburg:
- Partly cloudy this AM (Memorial Day), sunny and a bit warmer this afternoon and Tuesday, clear both nights,
- Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Wednesday, then mostly clear Wednesday night.
- highs 82-92 cooling to 87 Wednesday lows 52-54 cooling back to 52 Wednesday night.
- Mostly sunny Thursday and Friday, mostly cloudy Thursday night, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly clear late Friday night,
- Sunny and a bit warmer Saturday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy Saturday night,
- Then partly cloudy and cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Sunday afternoon.
- highs 87-92 cooling to 86 Sunday lows near 55. (seasonal averages high 72 low 49).
Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:
- Sunny and a bit warmer today (Memorial Day) and Tuesday, mostly clear both nights,
- AM sun, partly cloudy and cooler Wednesday afternoon and at night.
- highs 66-69 cooling to 65 Wednesday lows 49-53.
- Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday through Sunday.
- highs near 66 lows near 55. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49)
Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:
- Mostly sunny and a bit warmer today (Memorial Day) and Tuesday, mostly clear at night,
- Mostly sunny Wednesday, then partly cloudy Wednesday night.
- free air freezing level 11,000 ft. today, 13,000 ft. tonight and Tuesday, 14,000 ft. Tuesday night, 12,000 ft. rising to 13,000 ft. Wednesday, then 13,000 ft. falling to 12,000 ft. Wednesday night.
- highs 68-78 lows 37-45.
- Mostly sunny in the AM, partly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon and Thursday night,
- Mostly sunny Friday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon through Saturday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, partly cloudy at night,
- Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Sunday afternoon.
- free air freezing level 12,000 ft. rising to 13,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, 13,000 ft. rising to 14,000 ft. Friday and Friday night, 14,000 ft. Saturday and Saturday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Sunday.
- highs 72-79 lows 43-53.
**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.