Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column A Book Report, Really?
And don’t forget my latest feature story in the continuing series on service club organizations called “Buffalo Isn’t Only Known For Its Wings.”
Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is an “occluded front?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.
An upper level low (Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) has returned the flow of moisture over us. A cold front, pushed by the upper level low, moved into Oregon Monday. High pressure will return to warm us up and dry us out.
- A HEALTH ADVISORY CONTINUES FOR THE PRESENCE OF BLUE-GREEN ALGAE IN CULLABY LAKE JUST OFF HWY 101 BETWEEN ASTORIA AND SEASIDE IN CLATSOP COUNTY OREGON, IN WICKIUP RESERVOIR IN DESCHUTES COUNTY, 40 MILES SW OF BEND, THE LOWER WILLAMETTE RIVER FROM THE SOUTH END OF ROSS ISLAND DOWNSTREAM TO THE SOUTH END OF SAUVIE ISLAND IN MULTNOMA COUNTY, FOR TENMILE LAKES IN COOS COUNTY, FOR WALTERVILLE POND IN LANE COUNTY AND AT DEVILS LAKE IN LINCOLN COUNTY. THE TOXIC ALGAE BLOOM MEANS THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DRINK OR HAVE DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE AFFECTED WATER AND THAT ALSO GOES FOR ANY PETS.
Air Quality Index:
Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 21 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter at HWY 99, Eugene. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)
Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 14 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter at Willamette Activity Center, Oakridge. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:,
- A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of scattered showers today (under 0.10 in. of rain), partly cloudy and colder tonight,
- Partly cloudy with patchy fog in the AM, mostly sunny and just a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Wednesday night and Thursday AM, then sunny and warmer Thursday afternoon, mostly clear with patchy fog late at night.
- highs 63-74 lows near 43-40 warming back to 49 Thursday.
- Mostly sunny with patchy AM fog, partly cloudy Friday afternoon through Saturday AM, mostly sunny in the afternoon, mostly clear at night,
- Mostly sunny Sunday and Monday, mostly clear Sunday night.
- highs 79-76 lows 50-56. (seasonal averages high 72 low 44).
Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:
- Mostly cloudy and cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers today, partly cloudy tonight,
- Partly cloudy with patchy fog Wednesday AM, sunny and warmer in the afternoon, clear at night,
- Sunny Thursday, then clear at night.
- highs 67-82 lows 44-50.
- Mostly sunny Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, mostly clear each night,
- Then sunny Monday.
- highs 83-80 lows 52-55. (seasonal averages high 74 low 48)
Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:
- Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers today (under 0.10 in. of rain), partly cloudy tonight,
- AM clouds and patchy fog, sunny and warmer Wednesday, mostly clear at night,
- Sunny Thursday, then clear Thursday night.
- highs 65-67 lows 53-48 warming to 52 Thursday night.
- Mostly sunny Friday and Saturday, partly cloudy in the evening, clear late Saturday night,
- Sunny Sunday, then partly cloudy at night and Monday.
- highs near 68 lows 52-55. (seasonal averages high 63 low 48)
Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County
- Cloudy this AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers today, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of isolated showers this evening, partly cloudy tonight and Wednesday AM, sunny and a little bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly clear Wednesday night,
- Sunny Thursday, then clear at night.
- snow level 6,500 ft. today, 8,000 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 11,000 ft. Wednesday, 12,000 ft. Wednesday night, 13,000 ft. Thursday, then 14,000 ft. Thursday night.
- highs 50-67 lows 32-44.
- Mostly sunny Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, mostly clear each night.
- free air freezing level 14,000 ft. Friday through Monday.
- highs near 72 lows 47-46.
**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at EugeneDailyNews.com.