Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column They Have Added More Into The Mix.
And don’t forget my latest feature story in the continuing series on service club organizations called This Moose Isn’t Named Bullwinkle.
And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?
Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is “acid precipitation?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.
A high pressure ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape in blue arrows) is strengthening and will keep us very warm for a while.
Air Quality Index:
Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 84 in the Moderate category measuring Ozone.
Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 27 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.
Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 87 in the Moderate category measuring Ozone.
Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).
- A HEAT ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM SUNDAY FOR THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF OREGON, THE LOWER COLUMBIA, THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA, THE CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY, THE SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY, AND THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS, THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY, AND THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY.
- A HEAT ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM FRIDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY, AND THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS.
- A FIRE WEATHER WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES, THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, AND THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON.
- A HEALTH ADVISORY FOR THE PRESENCE OF BLUE-GREEN ALGAE TOXINS IN LAKE BILLY CHINOOK RESERVIOR IN JEFFERSON COUNTY HAS BEEN LIFTED. TOXINS ARE NOW WELL BELOW THE DANGEROUS LEVEL FOR HUMANS, BUT THE OREGON HEALTH AUTHORITY RECOMMENDS THAT PEOPLE CONTINUE TO BE CAUTIOUS WITH THEIR PETS BECAUSE THE TOXINS ARE STILL ABOVE THE VERY LOW EXPOSURE LEVELS ESTABLISHED FOR DOGS.
Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:
- Clear tonight,
- Sunny and just a bit cooler Friday, clear Friday night,
- Sunny and still very warm, but just a bit cooler Saturday afternoon (Independence Day), mostly clear Saturday night,
- Mostly sunny just a bit warmer Sunday, then mostly clear at night.
- lows near 60 highs 96-94 warming back to 96 Sunday.
- Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Monday, Tuesday, (warmer) Wednesday and Thursday, mostly clear each night.
- highs 92-86 warming to near 90 Thursday lows 57-55 warming back to 57 Wednesday night. (seasonal averages high 79 low 50)
Eugene/Springfield Pollen Count:
Trees: Low- 8
Grass: High- 167
Reading as of: 7/2/15
Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:
- Mostly clear tonight,
- Sunny and a bit cooler Friday, partly cloudy at night,
- Sunny Saturday AM (Independence Day), partly cloudy and a bit cooler in the afternoon, mostly clear Saturday night,
- Sunny and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Sunday afternoon, mostly clear with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then partly cloudy late Sunday night.
- lows 66-63 warming to 65 Saturday night highs 101-96.
- Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Monday, mostly clear Monday night,
- Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Tuesday, mostly clear at night,
- Sunny Wednesday AM, partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, mostly clear late Wednesday night,
- Sunny Thursday AM, then partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
- highs 96-88 lows 65-60. (seasonal averages high 81 low 55)
Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:
- Mostly clear this evening, partly cloudy late tonight,
- Mostly cloudy Friday AM, sunny in the afternoon, mostly cloudy Friday night and Saturday AM (Independence Day), partly cloudy in the afternoon, mostly clear Saturday night,
- Sunny Sunday, then partly cloudy Sunday night.
- lows near 55 highs near 65.
- Then partly cloudy Monday through Thursday.
- highs 62-64 lows near 53. (seasonal averages high 64 low 52)
Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:
- Clear tonight,
- Sunny Friday, clear at night,
- Mostly sunny Saturday (Independence Day), mostly clear Saturday night,
- Mostly sunny in the AM, then partly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon and Sunday night.
- free air freezing level 16,000 ft. tonight through Sunday, then 15,000 ft. Sunday night.
- lows 56-52 warming to 54 Sunday night highs near 88.
- Partly cloudy Monday and at night,
- Mostly sunny Tuesday AM, partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, clear late Tuesday night,
- Sunny Wednesday AM, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and Wednesday night,
- Then mostly sunny Thursday.
- Free air freezing level 15,000 ft. Monday and Monday night, snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday night, then free air freezing level 14,000 ft. Thursday.
- highs 88-75 lows 56-50.
**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.
Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.