timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

________________

It’s the beginning of a new week and that means a new quiz question.

________________

Here is my weather quiz question for this week. What is the “Wind Chill Factor (or effect) ?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

 

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge (”Arch” shape on the yellow line) that hold off storms is moving away to be followed by a trough of low pressure. A frontal system in combination with the trough of low pressure has returned us to wet weather. A couple of upper level disturbances will slide over us keeping the wet weather around.  Another frontal system will push through Oregon Wednesday with more showers. If rainy days and Mondays get you down, cheer up because so far the weekend forecast is for sunshine.
_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) this evening, a good (50%) chance of showers and colder late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) showers late Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), AM clouds, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday night and Thursday AM, showers in the afternoon, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday night lows 41-45 cooling to 42 Thursday night highs 57-67. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday and Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, mostly cloudy Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday through Monday highs 57-66 lows 40-43. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers tonight (snow level 3,000 ft. late at night), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers in the afternoon (snow level 2,500 ft.), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday AM (snow level 3,000 ft.), a slight (20%) chance of showers in the afternoon, rain Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with showers Thursday and Thursday night lows 44-48 cooling to near 44 Wednesday night highs near 62. Mostly cloudy with showers Friday, showers likely (60%) Friday night, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday through Monday highs 62-66 lows 47-44. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance showers this evening, partly cloudy late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), AM clouds, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM coastal showers and a (30%) chance of inland showers Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday, mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday night and Thursday AM, showers in the afternoon and Thursday night lows 46-42 warming to near 47 by Thursday night highs 56-52 warming to 56 Thursday. Mostly cloudy with showers Friday, showers likely (60%) Friday night, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday through Monday highs 55-60 lows near 44. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Cloudy with rain and snow showers this evening, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers and colder late tonight (1-3 in. of  snow possible, 0.25 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), rain and snow showers likely (60%) in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers late Tuesday night (1-2 in. of snow possible, 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, mostly cloudy with rain and snow Wednesday night and Thursday AM, rain and snow showers and breezy in the afternoon, then rain and snow showers likely (60%) Thursday night snow level 3,500 ft. tonight through Tuesday night,  free air freezing level 4,000 ft. rising to 5,500 ft. Wednesday afternoon,  snow level 5,000 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday, then 4,500 ft. Thursday night lows 28-34 highs 40-45 cooling to near 40 Thursday. Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) Friday and Friday night, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, then just partly cloudy Monday snow level 4,500 ft. Friday and Friday night, 3,400 ft. Saturday, 4,000 ft. Saturday night and Sunday, 7,000 ft. Sunday night, then free air freezing level 8,000 ft. Monday highs 39-55 lows 34-28 warming to 32 Sunday night.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


________________

It’s the beginning of a new week and that means a new quiz question.

________________

Here is my weather quiz question for this week. What is the “Wind Chill Factor (or effect) ?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

 

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge (”Arch” shape on the yellow line) that hold off storms is moving away to be followed by a trough of low pressure. A frontal system in combination with the trough of low pressure has returned us to wet weather. A couple of upper level disturbances will slide over us keeping the wet weather around.  Another frontal system will push through Oregon Thursday.
_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with rain this AM, showers this  afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), showers likely (60%) this evening, a good (50%) chance of showers and colder late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) showers Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday night highs near 57 lows 41-45. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday, showers likely (60%) Thursday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Friday, a (40%) chance of showers Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of Saturday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday highs 57-65 lows 43-40 warming to 43 Saturday night. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with rain this AM, showers this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers tonight (snow level 3,000 ft. late at night), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday (snow level 3,000 ft.), just mostly cloudy Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Wednesday, then rain Wednesday night highs 60-63 lows 44-40 warming to near 50 Wednesday night. Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday, a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday highs 62-66 lows 47-44. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with AM rain today, showers this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a good (50%) chance showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM coastal showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of inland showers Tuesday, just mostly cloudy Tuesday night, rain likely (60%) Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday night highs 55-57 cooling to 52 Wednesday lows 45-50. Mostly cloudy with rain Thursday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night, showers likely (60%) Friday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday highs near 56 lows 46-43. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with rain this AM,  showers this afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), rain and snow showers and colder tonight (1-3 in. of  rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, then rain Wednesday night snow level falling to 5,500 ft. this afternoon, 3,500 ft. tonight, 3,500 ft. Tuesday and Tuesday night,  4,000 ft. rising to 5,500 ft. Wednesday, then 7,000 ft. Wednesday night highs 44-40 warming to 48 Wednesday lows 29-33. Mostly cloudy with rain Thursday, rain and snow showers likely (60%) Thursday night and Friday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday night, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday and Saturday night, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday snow level 6,000 ft. Thursday, 4,500 ft. Thursday night, 4,000 ft. Friday and Friday night, 3,000 ft. Saturday, 4,000 ft. Saturday night, then 4,500 ft. Sunday highs 51-55 lows near 34.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge (”Arch” shape on the yellow line) that hold off storms is moving away to be followed by a trough of low pressure. A frontal system (shown offshore) in combination with the rough of low pressure will return us to wet weather. Another frontal system will push through Oregon Thursday.
_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain late this evening, rain late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible), rain Monday AM, showers in the afternoon (0.50 in. of rain possible), showers likely (60%) in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers and colder late Monday night (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) showers Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday night lows 48-37 warming to 45 Wednesday night highs near 57. Mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Thursday, showers likely (60%) Thursday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Friday, a (40%) chance of showers Friday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of Saturday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday highs 57-65 lows 43-40 warming to 44 Saturday night. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain this late evening, mostly cloudy with rain late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), and Monday AM, showers in the afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible, under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers Monday night (snow level 3,000 ft. late at night), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday (snow level 3,000 ft.), just mostly cloudy Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Wednesday, then rain Wednesday night lows 51-42 warming to near 50 Wednesday highs 60-63. Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Thursday, a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday highs 62-66 lows 47-44. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain this evening, rain late tonight (0.15 in. of rain possible), AM rain Monday, showers in the afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a good (50%) chance showers Monday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM coastal showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of inland showers Tuesday, just mostly cloudy Tuesday night, rain likely (60%) Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday night lows 50-43 warming to near 50 Wednesday night highs 55-58 cooling to 52 Wednesday. Mostly cloudy with rain Thursday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night, showers likely (60%) Friday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday highs near 56 lows 46-43. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Partly cloudy this evening, becoming mostly cloudy with rain late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible), rain Monday AM, rain and snow showers in the afternoon (0.50 in. of rain possible), rain and snow showers and colder Monday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers in the afternoon, then rain Wednesday night snow level 7,000 ft. late tonight, 7,000 ft. falling to 5,500 ft. Monday afternoon, 3,500 ft. Monday night, 4,000 ft. Tuesday and Tuesday night,  3,500 ft. rising to 4,500 ft. Wednesday, then 7,000 ft. Wednesday night lows 36-28 warming to 34 Wednesday night highs 44-40 warming to 48 Wednesday. Mostly cloudy with rain  Thursday, rain and snow showers likely (60%) Thursday night and Friday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday night through Saturday night, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday snow level 6,000 ft. Thursday, 4,500 ft. Thursday night, 4,000 ft. Friday and Friday night, 3,000 ft. Saturday, 4,000 ft. Saturday night, then 4,500 ft. Sunday highs near 52 lows near 34.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 

 


 

________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge )”Arch” shape on the yellow line) will position itself to hold off storms until late tonight. More frontal systems will line up to push through Oregon next week.
_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy this AM with areas of drizzle or light rain, partly cloudy this afternoon, ,mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), rain Monday AM, showers in the afternoon, showers likely (60%) Monday evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Monday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night highs 66-57 lows 48-42 warming to 45 Tuesday night. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday and Thursday night, a (40%) chance of showers Friday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday highs 56-62 lows 45-40. (seasonal averages high 64 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain this AM, sunny this afternoon, partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) late tonight, mostly cloudy with AM rain likely (60%) Monday, showers in the afternoon, a (40%) chance of showers Monday night (snow level 3,000 ft. late at night), then  mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday (snow level 3,500 ft.) and Tuesday night highs 71-60 warming to 65 Tuesday lows 51-42. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday, rain Wednesday night, showers likely (60%) Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday night, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday highs 64-66 lows 50-44. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with patchy fog and a slight (20%) chance of rain this AM, partly cloudy this afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) late tonight, mostly cloudy with AM coastal rain and showers Monday afternoon, AM inland rain likely (60%) and showers in the afternoon, cloudy with evening coastal showers likely (60%) and a slight (20%) chance of showers late, a good (50%) chance of inland showers Monday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night highs 59-56 lows 50-43. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday, rain likely (60%) Wednesday night, showers likely (60%) Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a  slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday highs 55-60 cooling to 55 Friday night lows 50-44. (seasonal averages high 57 low 45).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy this AM, just partly cloudy this afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible), showers Monday AM, rain and snow showers in the afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible, breezy (wind: SW 15-25 mph shifting to W 10-15 mph in the afternoon) rain and snow showers and colder Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night  free air freezing level 11,000 ft. today, snow level 7,000 ft. tonight, 5,500 ft. Monday, 4,500 ft. Monday night through Tuesday night highs 56-43 lows 36-28 warming to near 35 Tuesday night. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night, showers likely (60%) Thursday, a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday snow level 4,500 ft. Wednesday, 6,500 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday, 5,500 ft. Thursday night, 4,500 ft. Friday, 6,500 Friday night, then 7,500 ft. Saturday highs near 52 lows near 34.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


________________

Sorry, no quiz winner this week.

________________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is the definition of the term “monsoon?”  Here is the answer. A Monsoon is traditionally defined as a seasonal reversing wind accompanied by corresponding changes in precipitation but is now used to describe seasonal changes in atmospheric circulation and precipitation associated with the asymmetric heating of land and sea. Usually, the term monsoon is used to refer to the rainy phase of a seasonally-changing pattern, although technically there is also a dry phase. The major monsoon systems of the world consist of the West African and Asia-Australian monsoons. The inclusion of the North and South American monsoons with incomplete wind reversal has been debated. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question starting next Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count.

________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge )”Arch” shape on the yellow line) will position itself to hold off storms until the end of the weekend. Another frontal system (shown offshore )will push through the Pacific Northwest Sunday returning a better chance of showers. More frontal systems will line up to push through Oregon next week.
_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy tonight and Sunday, rain late Sunday night (0.10 in. of rain possible), rain Monday AM, showers in the afternoon, showers likely (60%) Monday evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Monday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night lows 46-42 warming to 45 Tuesday night highs 66-57. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday and Thursday night, a (40%) chance of showers Friday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday highs 56-62 lows 45-40. (seasonal averages high 63 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Partly cloudy this evening, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain late tonight, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday AM, sunny Sunday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) late Sunday night, mostly cloudy with AM rain likely (60%) Monday, showers in the afternoon, a (40%) chance of showers Monday night (snow level 3,000 ft. late at night), then  mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night lows 46-52 cooling to 42 Tuesday night highs 71-60 warming to 65 Tuesday. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday, rain likely (60%) Wednesday night, showers likely (60%) Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday night, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday highs 64-66 lows 50-44. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, mostly cloudy patchy fog with a slight (20%) chance of rain late tonight and Sunday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) late Sunday night, mostly cloudy with AM coastal rain and showers Monday afternoon, AM inland rain likely (60%) and showers in the afternoon, cloudy with evening coastal showers likely (60%) and a slight (20%) chance of showers late, a good (50%) chance of inland showers Monday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night lows 46-50 cooling to 40 Monday night and warming to 45 Tuesday night highs near 57. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday, rain likely (60%) Wednesday night, showers likely (60%) Thursday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a  slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday highs 55-60 cooling to 55 Friday night lows 48-44. (seasonal averages high 57 low 44).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, mostly cloudy tonight and Sunday AM, just partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with rain likely (60%) Sunday night, rain Monday AM, showers in the afternoon, rain and snow showers and colder Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night snow level 7,000 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 10,000 ft. Sunday, snow level 7,000 ft. Sunday night, 5,000 ft. Monday, 4,500 ft. Monday night through Tuesday night lows 34-28 warming to near 35 Tuesday night highs 55-43. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night, showers likely (60%) Thursday, a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday snow level 4,500 ft. Wednesday, 6,500 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday, 5,500 ft. Thursday night, 4,500 ft. Friday, 6,500 Friday night, then 7.500 ft. Saturday highs near 52 lows near 34.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


________________

Sorry, no quiz winner this week.

________________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is the definition of the term “monsoon?”  Here is the answer. A Monsoon is traditionally defined as a seasonal reversing wind accompanied by corresponding changes in precipitation but is now used to describe seasonal changes in atmospheric circulation and precipitation associated with the asymmetric heating of land and sea. Usually, the term monsoon is used to refer to the rainy phase of a seasonally-changing pattern, although technically there is also a dry phase. The major monsoon systems of the world consist of the West African and Asia-Australian monsoons. The inclusion of the North and South American monsoons with incomplete wind reversal has been debated. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question starting next Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. ________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge )”Arch” shape on the yellow line) will position itself to hold off storms for the weekend. Another frontal system will push through the Pacific Northwest Monday returning the chance of showers.
_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM with sun breaks today, mostly cloudy tonight through Sunday night with rain becoming likely (60%) late Sunday night, AM rain likely (60%) Monday showers likely (60%) in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday night highs near 65-68 cooling to 60 Monday lows 45-48 cooling to 45 Monday night. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday highs near 62 lows near 46. (seasonal averages high 63 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) tonight, AM clouds, partly cloudy Sunday AM, mostly sunny Sunday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers late Sunday night, mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Monday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night highs 68-72 cooling to near 60 Monday lows 48-46. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night through Friday highs 67-62 lows 45-50 cooling to 47 Friday. (seasonal averages high 66 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM and afternoon, partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight, mostly cloudy Sunday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late Sunday night, mostly cloudy with AM coastal showers and showers likely (60%) Monday with showers likely (60%) inland, a (40%) chance of showers Monday night highs 57-55 lows 49-45.  Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night through Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night, then a (30%) chance of showers Friday highs 59-55 lows 43-50 cooling to 45 Friday. (seasonal averages high 57 low 44).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, mostly cloudy tonight and Sunday AM, just partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday night, rain likely (60%) Monday AM, rain and snow showers in the afternoon, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday night snow level 6,000 ft. today, 7,000 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 10,000 ft. Sunday, snow level 7,000 ft. Sunday night, 5,500 ft. Monday, then 5,000 ft. Monday night highs 50-57 cooling to 45 Monday lows near 34.  A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Friday snow level 6,500 ft. Tuesday, 5,000 ft. Tuesday night, 4,500 ft. Wednesday, 5,000 ft. Wednesday night, 6,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, then 5,000 ft. Friday highs near 53 lows near 34.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________


________________

This is your last chance to win this week. Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is the definition of the term “monsoon?”  Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

high pressure ridge )”Arch” shape on the yellow line) will position itself to hold off storms for the weekend Another frontal system will push through the Pacific Northwest Monday returning the chance of showers.

_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), just mostly cloudy with sun breaks Saturday, partly cloudy Saturday night through Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night lows 43-47 highs near 62. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Thursday night and Friday highs near 62 lows near 46. (seasonal averages high 63 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight and Saturday AM, partly cloudy Saturday afternoon and Saturday night, AM clouds, partly cloudy Sunday AM, mostly sunny Sunday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy late Sunday night,  mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night lows 44-47 highs 63-72. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night through Friday highs 69-62 lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 65 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM and afternoon,  just partly cloudy Saturday night through Sunday evening, mostly cloudy Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night lows 48-45 highs near 58. Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night through Friday highs 59-55 lows 43-50 cooling to 45 Friday. (seasonal averages high 57 low 44).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers this evening, a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night through Sunday, just partly cloudy Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, and partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night snow level 5,500 ft. tonight, 6,500 ft. Saturday, 7,000 ft. Saturday night, 8,000 ft. Sunday, free air freezing level 9,000 ft. Sunday night, snow level 7,000 ft. Monday, then 6,500 ft. Monday night lows 30-36 highs 48-55. A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Friday snow level 6,500 ft. Tuesday, 5,000 ft. Tuesday night, 4,500 ft. Wednesday, 5,000 ft. Wednesday night, 6,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night highs near 53 lows 36-33.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 


________________

Today is your last chance to win this week. Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is the definition of the term “monsoon?”  Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

A weak high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) is moving away from the Pacific Northwest with a low pressure trough (“U” shape on the yellow line) pushing in behind it. Next another high pressure ridge will position itself to hold off some storms, but others will be able to slide in under it.  A frontal system has moved through Oregon bringing more clouds with sun breaks, cooler air and showers to the area. Another frontal system will push through the Pacific Northwest Monday.

_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: A mix of clouds and sun today with a slight (20%) chance of  AM showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight, just mostly cloudy Saturday AM, partly cloudy Saturday night through Sunday night highs 58-68 lows 43-46. A mix of clouds and sun Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday night and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Thursday highs 68-60 lows 47-45. (seasonal averages high 63 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, partly cloudy this afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight and Saturday AM, partly cloudy Saturday afternoon and Saturday night, sunny Sunday AM, partly cloudy Sunday afternoon and evening, then mostly cloudy Sunday night highs 63-72 lows 44-47. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night through Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night and Thursday highs 69-62 lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 65 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight and Saturday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon,  just partly cloudy Saturday night through Sunday evening, mostly cloudy Sunday night highs near 58 lows 46-49 cooling to near 45 Sunday night. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night  through Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday night and Thursday highs 59-55 lows near 47. (seasonal averages high 57 low 44).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers this AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers tonight, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers in the evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night through Sunday night snow level 3,500 ft. today, 5,000 ft. tonight, 6,500 ft. Saturday, 8,000 ft. Saturday night, then above 8,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night highs 42-55 lows 30-36. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday through Wednesday and partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night and Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday, 8,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, 7,500 ft. Tuesday night, 6,500 ft. Wednesday, then 7,500 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday highs 55-50 lows 36-33.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 


________________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is the definition of the term “monsoon?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

A weak high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) is moving away from the Pacific Northwest with a low pressure trough (“U” shape on the yellow line) pushing in behind it. Next another high pressure ridge will position itself to hold off some storms, but others will be able to slide in under it.  A frontal system has moved through Oregon today bringing more clouds with sun breaks, cooler air and showers to the area. Another frontal system will move in Sunday.

_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and small hail possible this evening, a (40%) chance of showers late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms), a mix of clouds and sun Friday with a slight (20%) chance of  showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night, just mostly cloudy Saturday, partly cloudy late Saturday night, then just partly cloudy Sunday and Sunday night lows 41-46 highs 57-67. A mix of clouds and sun Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday night and Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Thursday highs 67-62 lows 47-43. (seasonal averages high 63 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with showers  likely (60%) this evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late tonight (snow level 3,500 ft., 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Friday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday AM, partly cloudy Saturday afternoon and Saturday night, sunny Sunday AM, partly cloudy Sunday afternoon and Sunday night lows 42-47 highs 62-72. Partly cloudy Monday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night through Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday night and Thursday highs 69-62 lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 65 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) this evening, a (40%) chance of showers tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Friday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, then just partly cloudy Saturday night  through Sunday night lows 44-49 cooling to near 45 Sunday night highs near 58. Mostly cloudy Monday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Wednesday night and Thursday highs 59-55 lows near 47. (seasonal averages high 57 low 44).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers tonight, (1-5 in. of snow possible, 0.25 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers in the afternoon, mostly cloudy in the evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night through Sunday night snow level 3,500 ft. tonight and Friday, 4,500 ft. Friday night, 6,000 ft. Saturday, 7,500 ft. Saturday night, then above 8,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night lows 27-35 highs 40-53. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday through Wednesday and partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night and Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Wednesday night, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday, 8,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, 7,500 ft. Tuesday night, 7,000 ft. Wednesday, then 7,500 ft. Wednesday night and Thursday highs near 55 lows 36-32.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 


________________

It’s time for my new weekly weather quiz question. Here it is. What is the definition of the term “monsoon?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

A weak high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on yellow line) will be moving away from the Pacific Northwest with a low pressure trough (“U” shape on the yellow line) pushing in behind it.  A frontal system is moving through Oregon today bringing more clouds and rain to the area. Another frontal system will approach the coast early Saturday.

_________________

Here are your detailed forecasts.**

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with showers today with some afternoon and evening hail possible and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms (0.15 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of showers late at night (0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a (30%) chance of showers Friday night, just mostly cloudy Saturday and Saturday evening, then partly cloudy late Saturday night highs 57-62 lows 41-46. Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, partly cloudy Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun Monday, partly cloudy Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday highs 66-62 lows near 46. (seasonal averages high 63 low 41)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with showers today (0.15 in. of rain possible), showers this evening, showers likely (60%) late tonight (snow level 3,000 ft., under0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday AM, then mostly cloudy Saturday afternoon and partly cloudy Saturday night highs 57-70 lows 42-46. Partly cloudy Sunday and Sunday night, mostly cloudy Monday, just partly cloudy Monday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday highs 67-72 cooling to 67 Wednesday lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 65 low 44)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with showers this AM, showers and isolated thunderstorms this afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), showers this evening, showers likely (60%) tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, then just partly cloudy Saturday night highs 54-58 lows 44-49. Partly cloudy Sunday, just mostly cloudy Sunday night through Monday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday highs 57-60 cooling to 52 Wednesday lows 46-48. (seasonal averages high 57 low 44).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers today (1-3 in. of snow possible, 0.25 in. of rain possible),  rain and snow showers and colder tonight, (2-5 in. of snow possible, 0.25 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday AM, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday, and partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night snow level 3,500 ft. today, 3,000 ft. tonight and Friday, 5,000 ft. Friday night, 5,500 ft. Saturday, then 7,000 ft. Saturday night highs 37-47 lows 27-34. Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night snow level 8,000 ft. Sunday, above 8,000 ft. Sunday night through Tuesday night, then 7,000 ft. Wednesday highs 53-56 lows near 36.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 



Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder