timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column: Not Much Winter Weather Until Now. What’s going on?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is  “Deep Percolation Loss?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides slowly eastward continuing the flow of colder Arctic air coming through Canada into the Northwest. Add that in the moisture that will be moving in and there’s the chance of some more snow. This time it might actually stick on the ground in the valley. The graphics for days 1-3 show the next frontal system that will be offshore Wednesday. The graphics for days 3-7 show a frontal system that will slide along the Pacific Northwest coast Sunday night through Monday.

Note: With the moisture remaining on the roadways and the cold temperatures you need to watch out for slippery road conditions. This storm most likely will give us a real snowfall down to the valley floor so please drive extra carefully.

 

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 16 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 59 in the Moderate category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 28 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM TODAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM TODAY FOR THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON, THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES, THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY,
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON TODAY FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF OREGON CASCADES AND CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM TODAY FOR THE EAST COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM TODAY FOR  THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON, LOWER COLUMBIA, THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA, AND THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM TODAY FOR  THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, AND THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM TODAY FOR THE CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY,
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM TODAY FOR  CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, JACKSON COUNTY,
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy this AM, mostly cloudy and bit cooler this afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow, a good (50%) chance of snow late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-3 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM snow likely (70%), a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Thursday afternoon, just partly cloudy at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Friday afternoon, mostly cloudy with evening rain and snow likely (70%), rain likely (70%) late Friday night (snow level 1,500 ft.).
  • highs 40-42 lows 28-25 warming to 33 Friday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with rain Saturday, rain likely (70%) at night and Sunday (a bit warmer), showers likely (70%) Sunday night,
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers at night (snow level 1,500 ft.),
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday (snow level 1,000 ft.)
  • highs 42-46 lows 33-35 cooling back to 33 Monday night. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM rain and snow (1 in. of snow possible, snow level 200 ft.), just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon, a (40%) chance of rain and snow at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 1 in. of snow possible, snow level 200 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM rain and snow likely (70%) Thursday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow and a bit cooler in the afternoon (snow level 100 ft. rising to 700 ft. in the afternoon), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow, just mostly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Friday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night.
  • lows 32-26 highs 40-44 cooling to 42 Thursday.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with rain and snow likely (70%) Saturday through Sunday, rain and snow showers Sunday night,
  • Rain and snow showers likely (70%) and a bit warmer Monday and Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday.
  • highs 46-43 warming to 50 Monday lows 32-36. (seasonal averages high 55 low 38)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain and snow (snow level 500 ft.), just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 600 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM coastal rain and snow, partly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday afternoon (snow level 700 ft.), partly cloudy in the evening at the shore and mostly clear late at night while partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of inland evening rain and snow and mostly clear late at night,
  • Partly cloudy Friday AM, sunny and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of rain in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night.
  • highs 45-48 lows 35-30 warming to 39 Friday night.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with rain likely (70%) Saturday through Sunday, showers Sunday night and Monday, rain and snow showers likely (70%) Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday.
  • highs 48-50 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM snow, a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers this afternoon (1 in. of snow possible), a (40%) of snow tonight (1 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with snow Thursday (1-2 in. of snow possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening snow showers, partly cloudy and very cold late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday afternoon, becoming mostly cloudy with snow likely (70%) Friday night.
  • snow level at the surface tonight through Thursday, free air freezing level at the surface late Thursday night, and Friday AM, then snow level at the surface Friday night.
  • highs 25-27 lows 14-11 warming to 19 Friday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with snow Saturday, snow likely (70%) at night and Sunday (a bit warmer), snow showers Sunday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with snow likely (70%) Monday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow showers at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of snow showers and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • snow level at the surface Saturday through Sunday, 2,500 ft. Sunday night and Monday, then at the surface Monday night and Tuesday.
  • highs 27-33 lows 20-23 cooling back to 20 Monday night.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column: Not Much Winter Weather Until Now. What’s going on?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is  “Deep Percolation Loss?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides slowly eastward continuing the flow of colder Arctic air coming through Canada into the Northwest. Add that in the moisture that will be moving in and there’s the chance of some more snow. This time it might actually stick on the ground in the valley. The graphics for days 1-3 show the next frontal system that will be offshore Wednesday. The graphics for days 3-7 show a frontal system that will slide along the Pacific Northwest coast Sunday night through Monday.

Note: With the moisture remaining on the roadways and the cold temperatures you need to watch out for slippery road conditions. This storm most likely will give us a real snowfall down to the valley floor so please drive extra carefully.

 

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 12 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 4 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON, THE LOWER COLUMBIA, THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA, THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS,
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON, THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY, THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES, THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, AND THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM WEDNESDAY FOR  THE CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY,
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING UNTIL 10 AM WEDNESDAY FOR  CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE JOHN DAY BASIN, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS, NORTH CENTRAL OREGON,
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON WEDNESDAY FOR CENTRAL OREGON, AND THE EAST SLOPES OF THE OREGON CASCADES.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with evening rain and snow, snow late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, 1-3 in. of snow possible),
  • Partly cloudy Wednesday AM, mostly cloudy and bit cooler in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow, a good (50%) chance of snow late Wednesday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-3 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM snow likely (70%), a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Thursday afternoon, just partly cloudy at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Friday afternoon, mostly cloudy with evening rain and snow likely (70%), rain likely (70%) late Friday night (snow level 1,500 ft.).
  • lows 28-25 warming to 33 Friday night highs 40-42.
  • Mostly cloudy with rain Saturday, rain likely (70%) at night and Sunday (a bit warmer), showers likely (70%) Sunday night,
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers at night (snow level 1,500 ft.),
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday (snow level 1,000 ft.)
  • highs 42-46 lows 33-35 cooling back to 33 Monday night. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of evening rain and snow, rain and snow late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible, snow level 1,500 ft. falling to 0 ft. late),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM rain and snow (1 in. of snow possible, snow level 200 ft.), just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon, a (40%) chance of rain and snow at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 1 in. of snow possible, snow level 200 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM rain and snow likely (70%) Thursday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow and a bit cooler in the afternoon (snow level 100 ft. rising to 700 ft. in the afternoon), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow, just mostly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Friday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night.
  • lows 32-26 highs 40-44 cooling to 42 Thursday.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with rain and snow likely (70%) Saturday through Sunday, rain and snow showers Sunday night,
  • Rain and snow showers likely (70%) and a bit warmer Monday and Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday.
  • highs 46-43 warming to 50 Monday lows 32-36. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of evening rain, coastal rain likely (70%) late tonight while inland rain and snow late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible, snow level 2,000 ft. falling to 100 ft. late),
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain and snow (snow level 500 ft.), just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 600 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM coastal rain and snow, partly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Thursday afternoon (snow level 700 ft.), partly cloudy in the evening at the shore and mostly clear late at night while partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of inland evening rain and snow and mostly clear late at night,
  • Partly cloudy Friday AM, sunny and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of rain in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night.
  • lows 33-35 cooling to 30 Thursday night warming to 39 Friday night highs 45-48.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with rain likely (70%) Saturday through Sunday, showers Sunday night and Monday, rain and snow showers likely (70%) Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday.
  • highs 48-50 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with snow and cold tonight (3-6 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM snow, a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Wednesday afternoon (1 in. of snow possible), a (40%) of snow Wednesday night (1 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with snow Thursday (1-2 in. of snow possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening snow showers, partly cloudy and very cold late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday afternoon, becoming mostly cloudy with snow likely (70%) Friday night.
  • snow level at the surface tonight through Thursday, free air freezing level at the surface late Thursday night, and Friday AM, then snow level at the surface Friday night.
  • lows 18-11 warming to 19 Friday night highs 25-27.
  • Mostly cloudy with snow Saturday, snow likely (70%) at night and Sunday (a bit warmer), snow showers Sunday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with snow likely (70%) Monday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow showers at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of snow showers and a bit warmer Tuesday.
  • snow level at the surface Saturday through Sunday, 2,500 ft. Sunday night and Monday, then at the surface Monday night and Tuesday.
  • highs 27-33 lows 20-23 cooling back to 20 Monday night.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column: Not Much Winter Weather Until Now. What’s going on?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is  “Deep Percolation Loss?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides slowly eastward continuing the flow of colder Arctic air coming through Canada into the Northwest. Add that in the moisture that will be moving in and there’s the chance of some more snow. This time it might actually stick on the ground in the valley. The graphics for days 1-3 show the next frontal system that will be offshore Wednesday. The graphics for days 3-7 show a frontal system that will slide along the Pacific Northwest coast Sunday night through Monday.

Note: With the moisture remaining on the roadways and the cold temperatures you need to watch out for slippery road conditions. This storm most likely will give us a real snowfall down to the valley floor so please drive extra carefully.

 

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 11 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 15 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 10 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON, THE LOWER COLUMBIA, THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA, THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS,
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON,
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON UNTIL 4 AM WEDNESDAY FOR  THE CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY, THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY, .
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, AND THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING UNTIL 10 AM WEDNESDAY FOR  CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, AND JACKSON COUNTY,.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with snow developing this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 1 in. of snow possible), snow tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow, a good (20%) chance of snow late Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM snow showers, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Thursday afternoon, then just partly cloudy at night.
  • highs 38-42 lows 28-25.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with rain likely (70%) Saturday, a good (50%) chance of rain at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Sunday, rain likely (70%) Sunday night,
  • Then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday.
  • highs 42-45 lows 33-36. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of rain and snow this afternoon (snow level 200 ft.), cloudy with evening rain and snow likely (70%), rain and snow late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible, snow level 1,500 ft. falling to 600 ft. late),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM snow, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 900 ft.), a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft. falling to 200 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Thursday (snow level 100 ft. rising to 700 ft. in the afternoon), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow Thursday night.
  • highs 40-44 cooling to 42 Thursday lows 32-26.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Saturday through Sunday, rain and snow likely (60%) Sunday night,
  • Then cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Monday,
  • highs 46-43 warming to 50 Monday lows 32-36. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of coastal rain and snow this afternoon while a (40%) chance of inland rain and snow and a bit warmer this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, afternoon snow level 500 ft.), coastal rain likely (70%) tonight while a good (50%) chance of inland evening rain and snow with inland rain and snow late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft. falling to 1,500 ft. late),
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain and snow, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 900 ft.), a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 600 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Thursday (snow level 700 ft.), partly cloudy at night.
  • highs near 46 lows 34-32.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Sunday, rain likely (60%) Sunday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with rain and snow likely (60%) Monday.
  • highs near 48 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with snow likely (70%) this afternoon (1 in. of snow possible), snow and cold tonight (2-4 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM snow showers, a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Wednesday afternoon (1 in. of snow possible), a (40%) of snow Wednesday night (1 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM snow showers likely (70%), a bit warmer with good (50%) chance of snow showers Thursday afternoon (1-2 in. of snow possible), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers and very cold at night.
  • snow level at the surface this afternoon through Thursday night.
  • highs near 26 lows 18-11.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday, becoming mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with snow likely (70%) Saturday and at night,
  • A good (50%) chance of snow Sunday, mostly cloudy with snow likely (70%) Sunday night,
  • Then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Monday.
  • snow level at the surface Friday through Sunday, then 2,500 ft. Sunday night and Monday.
  • highs 27-32 lows 17-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column: Not Much Winter Weather Until Now. What’s going on?

__________

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is  “Deep Percolation Loss?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides slowly eastward continuing the flow of colder Arctic air coming through Canada into the Northwest. Add that in the moisture that will be moving in and there’s the chance of some more snow. This time it might actually stick on the grounding the valley. The graphics for days 1-3 show the next frontal system that will be offshore Wednesday. The graphics for days 3-7 show a frontal system that will slide along the Pacific Northwest coast Sunday night through Monday.

Note: With the moisture remaining on the roadways and the cold temperatures you need to watch out for slippery road conditions. Record low temperatures are expected from the east slopes of the Cascades through Central and Eastern Oregon. This storm most likely will give us a real snowfall down to the valley floor so please drive extra carefully.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 11 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 12 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A FREEZE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT THROUGH 9 AM TUESDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TUESDAY UNTIL 4 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA AND THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TUESDAY UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY, THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS, THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TUESDAY UNTIL 6 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA AND THE CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM TUESDAY UNTIL 7 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON AND THE SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy and cold with a slight (20%) chance of snow late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM snow, a bit warmer with rain and snow likely (70%) Tuesday afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 1 in. of snow possible), rain and snow late at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible),
  • A slight (20%) chance of AM snow, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of snow showers late Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Thursday, then just partly cloudy at night.
  • lows 25-30 cooling back to 25 Thursday night highs near 42.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with rain likely (70%) Saturday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Sunday, rain likely (70%) Sunday night,
  • Then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday.
  • highs 42-45 lows 33-36. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, becoming mostly cloudy and cold with patchy freezing fog late tonight and Tuesday AM, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday afternoon (snow level 200 ft.), cloudy with evening rain and snow likely (70%), rain and snow late Tuesday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible, snow level 700 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM rain and snow, a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 700 ft.), a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft. falling to 200 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow Thursday night.
  • lows 25-32 cooling to 26 Thursday night highs 42-46 cooling back to 42 Thursday.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Saturday through Sunday, rain and snow likely (70%) Sunday night,
  • Then cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Monday,
  • highs 46-43 warming to 50 Monday lows 26-36. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM coastal rain and snow with coastal rain and snow likely (70%) and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon while a slight (20%) chance of AM inland snow and a good (50%) chance of inland rain and snow and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, afternoon snow level 600 ft.), evening coastal rain likely (70%) with coastal rain late at night while a good (50%) chance of inland evening rain and snow with inland rain and snow likely (70%) late Tuesday night (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 1,000 ft. rising to 1,500 ft. late),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM coastal rain with a slight (20%) chance of coastal showers and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon while a (30%) chance of inland rain and snow with a slight (20%) chance of inland rain and snow showers Wednesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft.), a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 600 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday, partly cloudy at night.
  • lows 29-34 cooling to 32 Thursday night highs near 46.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Sunday, rain and snow Sunday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with rain and snow likely (60%) Monday.
  • highs 48-50 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening snow showers, just partly cloudy and very cold late tonight,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of snow Tuesday afternoon (1 in. of snow possible), snow and cold late Tuesday night (3-5 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM snow likely (70%), a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of snow showers Wednesday afternoon (1 in. of snow possible), a (30%) of snow showers Wednesday night (1 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with good (50%) chance of snow showers Thursday (1 in. of snow possible), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers at night.
  • free air freezing level at the surface late tonight, snow level at the surface Tuesday AM, snow level at the surface Tuesday night through Thursday and Thursday night.
  • lows 15-11 highs near 26.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday, becoming mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with snow likely (70%) Saturday and at night,
  • A good (50%) chance of snow Sunday, snow likely (70%) Sunday night,
  • Then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Monday.
  • snow level at the surface Thursday through Sunday, then 2,500 ft. Sunday night and Monday.
  • highs 27-32 lows 17-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column: Not Much Winter Weather Until Now. What’s going on?

__________

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is  “Deep Percolation Loss?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides slowly eastward continuing the flow of colder Arctic air coming through Canada into the Northwest. Add that in the moisture that will be moving in and there’s the chance of some more snow. This time it might actually stick on the grounding the valley. The graphics for days 1-3 show the next frontal system that will be offshore Wednesday. The graphics for days 3-7 show a frontal system that will slide along the Pacific Northwest coast Sunday night through Monday.

Note: With the moisture remaining on the roadways and the cold temperatures you need to watch out for slippery road conditions.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:,

  • Partly cloudy and a bit cooler today (Presidents’ Day), partly cloudy and cold tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM snow, a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 1 in. of snow possible), rain and snow at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow showers, a  (30%) chance of rain and snow showers late Wednesday night,
  • highs 38-42 cooling back to 38 Wednesday lows 23-32.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Thursday, just mostly cloudy at night.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain Friday, a good (50%) chance of rain Friday night,
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Sunday.
  • highs near 46 lows 32-37. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance snow showers and a bit cooler this afternoon (Presidents’ Day), partly cloudy tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Tuesday afternoon, a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 400 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday (snow level 100 ft. rising to 700 ft.), then a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night.
  • highs 42-46 lows 24-32.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy Friday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Saturday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Saturday night,
  • Then cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Sunday.
  • highs 44-49 lows 27-35. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Becoming partly cloudy and a bit cooler this afternoon (Presidents’ Day) and tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of coastal rain and snow showers Tuesday while a slight (20%) chance of AM inland snow showers and a (30%) chance of inland rain and snow showers and a bit warmer in the afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level at ground level rising to 500 ft. in the afternoon), a good (50%) chance of coastal showers at night while a (40%) chance of inland rain and snow showers Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 1,500 ft. falling to 1,000 ft. late),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of coastal showers while (30%) chance of inland rain and snow showers Wednesday (snow level 800 ft.), then a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night.
  • highs 42-47 lows 27-33.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday, partly cloudy Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Saturday night and Sunday.
  • highs 47-50 lows 33-42. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler this afternoon and evening (President’s Day), just partly cloudy and very cold tonight,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of snow Tuesday afternoon, snow likely (70%) and cold late Tuesday night (2 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM snow showers, partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Wednesday afternoon, then mostly cloudy and cold with a (40%) of snow showers Wednesday night.
  • snow level at the surface today, free air freezing level at the surface late tonight and Tuesday AM, snow level at the surface Tuesday night through Wednesday night.
  • highs 19-26 lows 6-16.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with good (50%) chance of snow showers Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with snow likely (70%) Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Saturday night and Sunday.
  • snow level at the surface at the surface Thursday through Sunday.
  • highs 28-32 lows 17-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

You Know They Occur On The Ocean, But On Lakes, Really?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dart Leader?” Here is the correct answer. A Dart Leader is a faint, negatively charged channel that travels more or less directly and continuously from cloud to ground. (It moves down and the lightning flash moves from the ground up.) I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides slowly eastward bringing us colder Arctic air coming through Canada with northwesterly airflow rushing down on the backside of the low which is also the leading edge of a Ridge of High Pressure. Add that to the moisture the moved in and there’s the chance of some snow. The graphics for days 1-3 show the frontal system that is pushed through Oregon Saturday night and today. You can also see the surface low that slowly drifts over us. The graphics for days 3-7 show a frontal system that will move through the Pacific Northwest  next Sunday.

Note: So far, the Eugene-Springfield area has not received a significant snowfall. That has stayed to our north.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 9 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 16 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 5 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM TONIGHT FOR THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON AND THE LOWER COLUMBIA OF OREGON.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON, THE LOWER COLUMBIA THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA, THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY, THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, AND THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT THROUGH MIDNIGHT TONIGHT FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS, THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY, THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES AND THE CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY.
  • A HIGH SURF ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A FREEZE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 9 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY, THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MONDAY FOR THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON,  THE JOHN DAY BASIN, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, NORTH CENTRAL OREGON, CENTRAL OREGON, AND THE EAST SLOPES OF THE OREGON CASCADES, .
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:,

  • Mostly cloudy with showers mixed with and possibly changing to snow at times and colder,  decreasing chances late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, little or no snow accumulation possible),
  • Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Monday (Presidents’ Day), partly cloudy and cold at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Wednesday night.
  • lows 23-20 warming to 32 Wednesday night highs 38-42.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Thursday, a (30%) chance of showers at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of rain Friday, a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night,
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Sunday.
  • highs near 46 lows 32-37. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy and colder with rain and snow showers this evening, rain and snow showers likely (70%) late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible at lower elevations and 2-3 in. of snow possible above 1,500 ft., snow level 100 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM snow showers, just mostly cloudy and a bit cooler Monday afternoon (Presidents’ Day), partly cloudy at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Tuesday afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 300 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday,  then a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night.
  • lows 27-24 warming to 33 Wednesday night highs 42-46.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Thursday night and Friday, a (30%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Saturday night and Sunday.
  • highs 46-49 lows 30-35. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy with coastal showers, snow showers and a slight chance of evening thunderstorms, showers snow showers and a slight (20%) chance of coastal thunderstorms late tonight while rain and snow showers inland tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 2-3 inches of snow possible, snow level 200 ft),
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain and snow showers (snow level at sea level), becoming partly cloudy and a bit cooler Monday afternoon (Presidents’ Day), just partly cloudy at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with areas of frost Tuesday AM, a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of coastal rain and snow showers  while a (30%) chance of inland rain and snow showers and a bit warmer in the afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level at ground level), a (30%) chance of coastal showers at night while a (30%) chance of inland rain and snow showers Tuesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday, then a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night.
  • lows 33-27 warming to 35 Wednesday night highs 42-47.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday and Thursday night.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Friday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with rain and snow likely (60%) Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Saturday night and Sunday.
  • highs 47-50 lows 33-42. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit colder with snow showers this evening, snow showers decreasing late tonight (3-6 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (President’s Day), just partly cloudy and very cold at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow Tuesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) of snow showers Wednesday night.
  • snow level at the surface tonight and Monday, free air freezing level at the surface Monday night and Tuesday, snow level at the surface Tuesday night through Wednesday night.
  • lows 11-4 warming to 16 Wednesday night highs 19-25.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with good (50%) chance of snow Thursday, a (40%) chance of snow Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds an sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with snow likely (70%) Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Saturday night and Sunday.
  • snow level at the surface at the surface Thursday through Sunday.
  • highs 28-32 lows 17-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

You Know They Occur On The Ocean, But On Lakes, Really?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dart Leader?” Here is the correct answer. A Dart Leader is a faint, negatively charged channel that travels more or less directly and continuously from cloud to ground. (It moves down and the lightning flash moves from the ground up.) I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides eastward bringing us colder Arctic air coming through Canada with northwesterly airflow rushing down on the backside of the low which is also the leading edge of a Ridge of High Pressure. The graphics for days 1-3 show the frontal system that is moving through Oregon today. The graphics for days 3-7 show the surface activity including the frontal system the will move through next Friday night and Saturday.

Note: we may see a mix of rained snow, light snow flurries, or even some accumulation on the valley floor between today and Monday, but it is still uncertain what will happen in specific locations. The weather pattern is complicated enough that even the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Portland is hedging their bet with three choices.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 7 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 18 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 4 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM TONIGHT FOR THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON AND THE LOWER COLUMBIA OF OREGON.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON,
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM UNTIL UNTIL 10 PM TODAY FOR  THE LOWER COLUMBIA.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING FOR THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT THROUGH 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS AND THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM UNTIL 5 AM MONDAY FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES AND THE CASCADES.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY, WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE AND THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM MONDAY FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE OREGON CASCADES.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM TODAY UNTIL 9 AM MONDAY FOR THE JOHN DAY BASIN, NORTH CENTRAL OREGON, AND CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TODAY UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • *A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT ABOVE 2,000 FT. UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, AND JOSEPHINE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TODAY UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • *A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS.
  • *A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY  FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY, THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON, THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, CENTRAL OREGON, AND NORTH CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE OREGON CASCADES.
  • A FREEZE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 9 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • *A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY  NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:,

  • Mostly cloudy with showers, possibly mixed with and occasionally changing to snow, and colder today (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible above 1,000 ft., 1 in. of snow or less below 900 ft., snow level 900 ft.), evening snow showers likely (70%), colder with a (30%) chance of snow showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, under 1 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler Monday (Presidents’ Day), just mostly clear and cold at night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night.
  • highs 42-38 warming back to 42 Tuesday lows 25-22 warming to 24 Tuesday night.
  • Clouds increasing to mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Wednesday night and Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Friday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 44-47 lows 32-35. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy and colder with rain and snow showers today (0.25 in. of rain possible, 2-4 in. of snow possible, 3-6 in. of snow above 1,500 ft. snow level 100 ft.), evening rain and snow showers likely (70%), snow showers likely (70%) late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible, snow level 100 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (Presidents’ Day), just partly cloudy at night and Tuesday AM, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Tuesday afternoon, then a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night.
  • highs 42-40 warming to 43 Tuesday lows 29-24.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon,  mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Thursday through Saturday.
  • highs 46-52 lows 32-35. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with AM coastal rain with snow showers with showers and show showers and a slight (20%) chance of a coastal thunderstorm and bit cooler this afternoon while rain and snow showers inland today (0.25 in. of rain possible, 2-4 in. of snow possible, snow level 600 ft.), rain and snow showers tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible below 1,000 ft. and 2-3 inches of snow above 1,000 ft., snow level 100 ft),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers (snow level at the surface) and a bit cooler Monday afternoon (Presidents’ Day), just partly cloudy with areas of frost late Monday night and Tuesday AM, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers at night with areas of frost late Tuesday night.
  • highs 44-42 warming to 45 Tuesday lows 32-27.
  • Partly cloudy with areas of AM frost with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Wednesday night through Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 48-52 lows 35-38. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit colder with snow showers and areas of blowing snow today (6-10 in. of snow possible), cloudy with snow tonight (2-3 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (President’s Day), just partly cloudy at night,
  • AM sun, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon, partly cloudy Tuesday night.
  • snow level 3,000 ft. falling to 2,000 ft. late tonight, at the surface Sunday through Monday, free air freezing level at the surface Monday night through Tuesday night.
  • highs 22-19 warming back to 22 Tuesday lows 11-4 warming to 8 Tuesday night.
  • More clouds to mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow Wednesday, a good (50%) of snow Wednesday night and Thursday, a good (50%) chance of snow showers Thursday night,
  • A (40%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow showers Saturday.
  • snow level at the surface at the surface Wednesday through Thursday, then snow level at the surface Thursday night through Saturday.
  • highs 28-32 lows 17-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

You Know They Occur On The Ocean, But On Lakes, Really?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dart Leader?” Here is the correct answer. A Dart Leader is a faint, negatively charged channel that travels more or less directly and continuously from cloud to ground. (It moves down and the lightning flash moves from the ground up.) I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides eastward bringing us colder Arctic air coming through Canada with northwesterly airflow rushing down on the backside of the low which is also the leading edge of a Ridge of High Pressure. The graphics for days 1-3 show the frontal system that is moving through Oregon today. The graphics for days 3-7 show the surface activity including the frontal system the will move through next Friday night and Saturday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 6 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 14 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 4 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT UNTIL 4 AM WEDNESDAY FOR THE COAST RANGE OF NORTHWEST OREGON, THE CENTRAL COAST RANGE OF WESTERN OREGON,
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM UNTIL UNTIL 10 PM SUNDAY FOR  THE LOWER COLUMBIA.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM SUNDAY THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR THE GREATER PORTLAND METRO AREA.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SUNDAY THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR THE CENTRAL WILLAMETTE VALLEY AND THE SOUTH WILLAMETTE VALLEY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM SUNDAY UNTIL 5 AM MONDAY FOR THE WESTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE AND THE CENTRAL COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT THROUGH 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADE FOOTHILLS.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE CASCADE FOOTHILLS IN LANE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM TONIGHT UNTIL 5 AM MONDAY FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM TONIGHT UNTIL 6 AM MONDAY FOR THE CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH 5 AM MONDAY FOR THE UPPER HOOD RIVER VALLEY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM SUNDAY ABOVE 4,000 FT.FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE OREGON CASCADES.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM SUNDAY UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM TONIGHT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SUNDAY UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM SUNDAY UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM TONIGHT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY  FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM SUNDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON, THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, AND NORTH CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM SUNDAY FOR THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE EASTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS ON THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, NORTH CENTRAL OREGON,  AND CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:,

  • Cloudy with showers possibly mixed with snow late tonight, no accumulation expected (0.25 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with showers, possibly mixed with and occasionally changing to snow and colder Sunday (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible above 1,000 ft., 1 in. of snow or less below 900 ft., snow level 900 ft.), evening snow showers likely (70%), colder with a (30%) chance of snow showers late Sunday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, under 1 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler Monday (Presidents’ Day), just mostly clear at night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night.
  • lows 35-22 warming to 24 Tuesday night highs 42-38 warming back to 42 Tuesday.
  • Clouds increasing to mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Wednesday night and Thursday, a (40%) chance of showers at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Friday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 44-47 lows 32-35. (seasonal averages high 52 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Cloudy with evening showers likely (70%), rain and snow showers late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, 3-4 in. of snow possible, snow level 2,000 ft. late tonight),
  • Mostly cloudy and colder with rain and snow showers Sunday (0.25 in. of rain possible, 2-4 in. of snow possible, 3-6 in. of snow above 1,500 ft. snow level 800 ft.), evening rain and snow showers likely (70%), snow showers likely (70%) late Sunday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible, snow level 100 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (Presidents’ Day), just partly cloudy at night,
  • Partly cloudy in the AM, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Tuesday afternoon, then a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday night.
  • lows 38-24 highs 42-40 warming to 43 Tuesday.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon,  mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Thursday through Saturday.
  • highs 46-52 lows 32-35. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy with showers tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft. late tonight),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain with snow showers and a bit cooler Sunday (0.25 in. of rain possible, 2-4 in. of snow possible, snow level 600 ft.), rain and snow showers Sunday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1-2 in. of snow possible below 1,000 ft. and 2-3 inches of snow above 1,000 ft., snow level 100 ft),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit cooler Monday afternoon (Presidents’ Day), just partly cloudy with areas of frost late Monday night and Tuesday AM, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers at night with areas of frost late Tuesday night.
  • lows 38-27 highs 44-42 warming to 45 Tuesday.
  • Partly cloudy with areas of AM frost with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Wednesday night through Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Friday night and Saturday.
  • highs 48-52 lows 35-38. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers and areas of blowing snow late tonight (0.75 in. of rain possible, 6-12 in. of snow possible) and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph gusts from 35 mph to 45 mph),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit colder with snow showers and areas of blowing snow Sunday (6-10 in. of snow possible), cloudy snow at night (2-3 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (President’s Day), just partly cloudy at night,
  • AM sun, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon, partly cloudy Tuesday night.
  • snow level 3,000 ft. falling to 2,000 ft. late tonight, at the surface Sunday through Monday, free air freezing level at the surface Monday night through Tuesday night.
  • lows 22-4 warming to 8 Tuesday night highs 22-19 warming back to 22 Tuesday.
  • More clouds to mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow Wednesday, a good (50%) of snow Wednesday night and Thursday, a good (50%) chance of snow showers Thursday night,
  • A (40%) chance of snow and a bit warmer Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow showers Saturday.
  • snow level at the surface at the surface Wednesday through Thursday, then snow level at the surface Thursday night through Saturday.
  • highs 28-32 lows 17-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

You Know They Occur On The Ocean, But On Lakes, Really?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dart Leader?” Here is the correct answer. A Dart Leader is a faint, negatively charged channel that travels more or less directly and continuously from cloud to ground. (It moves down and the lightning flash moves from the ground up.) I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides southeastward bringing us the better chance of showers today. The graphics for days 1-3 show the frontal system that will through today and Sunday. A High Pressure Ridge tries take over late in the week trying to calm things down, but it brings us air cold enough to possibly produce a tough of snow at lower elevations. An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows on first graphic) returns the precipitation. The graphics for days 3-7 show the frontal system to our north pushing colder air our way Sunday into Monday to possibly produce a bit of snow, then a frontal system coming through next Friday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 7 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 36 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 7 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM SUNDAY FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TODAY UNTIL 4 PM SUNDAY FOR THE CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM SUNDAY ABOVE 4,000 FT.FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE OREGON CASCADES.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM TONIGHT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM SUNDAY UNTIL 10 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM MONDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 7 PM NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM SUNDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON, THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, AND NORTH CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM SUNDAY FOR THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM TONIGHT FOR THE EASTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS ON THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, NORTH CENTRAL OREGON,  AND CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:,

  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain this AM, cloudy and a bit warmer with afternoon rain likely (70%) and breezy (Wind: S 15-25 mph gusts to 35 mph), a good (50%) chance of evening rain, a (40%) chance of showers late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible) and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit cooler Sunday (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 1,000 ft.), a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow showers, colder with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers late Sunday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and breezy (Wind: W 15-25 mph decreasing to W 5-10 mph late at night),
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM snow showers, just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Monday afternoon (Presidents’ Day), then just partly cloudy at night.
  • highs 52-40 lows 35-22.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday, a (40%) chance of rain and snow at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Friday.
  • highs 42-47 lows 24-34. (seasonal averages high 51 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and a bit warmer this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), evening showers likely (70%), rain and snow showers late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible,snow level 2,500 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy and colder with rain and snow showers  Sunday (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft.), rain and snow showers likely (70%)  Sunday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 300 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (Presidents’ Day), then just partly cloudy at night.
  • highs 54-40 lows 35-24.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers and a bit warmer Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 43-52 lows 25-34. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with coastal rain likely (70%) with a good (50%) chance of inland AM rain and inland rain likely (70%) and a bit warmer this afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), evening coastal showers and coastal rain likely (70%) late tonight while inland  showers tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft. late tonight),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM coastal showers likely (70%) Sunday and rain with snow showers and a bit cooler in the afternoon while inland rain and snow showers Sunday (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft.), coastal rain and snow showers likely (70%) in the afternoon and evening with coastal rain and snow showers while rain and snow showers late Sunday night while evening inland rain and snow showers with inland rain and snow showers likely (70%) at night (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 400 ft),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday (Presidents’ Day), then just partly cloudy Monday night.
  • highs 53-42 lows 36-27.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of rain at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday.
  • highs 46-52 lows 27-37. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow and a bit warmer this afternoon (0.75 in. of rain possible, 2-5 in. of snow possible) and breezy (Wind: SW 10-15 mph gusts to 35 mph increasing to SW 15 mph afternoon gusts to 45 mph), evening rain and snow, rain and snow showers and colder late tonight (0.75 in. of rain possible, 5-9 in. of snow possible) and windy (Wind: SW 20-30 mph gusts to 45 mph decreasing to 35 mph gusts late tonight),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit colder with snow showers and areas of blowing snow Sunday (3-7 in. of snow possible), cloudy with evening snow showers likely (70%), a good (50%) chance of snow showers (1-3 in. of snow possible) and  cold late Sunday night and breezy (Wind: W 15-25 mph gusts to 35 mph decreasing to W 5-10 mph late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of afternoon snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (President’s Day), then just partly cloudy at night.
  • snow level 5,500 ft. today, 4,500 ft. falling to 3,000 ft. late tonight, at the surface Sunday through Monday, then free air freezing level at the surface Monday night.
  • highs 37-20 lows 22-4.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a  (40%) of snow Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of snow showers at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of snow Friday.
  • free air freezing level at the surface Tuesday through Wednesday, then snow level at the surface Wednesday night through Friday.
  • highs 22-33 lows 9-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

You Know They Occur On The Ocean, But On Lakes, Really?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Dart Leader?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) slides southeastward bringing us the slight chance of  showers today and a better chance Saturday. The graphics for days 1-3 show the frontal system that will through Saturday and Sunday. A High Pressure Ridge tries take over late in the week trying to calm things down, but it brings us air cold enough to possibly produce a tough of snow at lower elevations. An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows on first graphic) returns the precipitation. The graphics for days 3-7 show the frontal system to our north pushing colder air our way Monday to possibly produce a bit of snow, then a frontal system coming through next Friday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 7 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 36 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 7 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SATURDAY UNTIL 7 AM SUNDAY FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SATURDAY UNTIL 4 PM SUNDAY FOR THE CASCADES IN LANE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SATURDAY UNTIL 6 PM SUNDAY FOR THE EAST SLOPES OF THE OREGON CASCADES.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM UNTIL 7 PM SUNDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH FALLS, AND WESTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SUNDAY UNTIL 7 AM MONDAY FOR CENTRAL DOUGLAS COUNTY, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, THE EASTERN DOUGLAS COUNTY FOOTHILLS, AND JACKSON COUNTY.
  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM SATURDAY UNTIL 4 PM SUNDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON CASCADES, THE SOUTHERN OREGON CASCADES, AND THE SISKIYOU MOUNTAINS.
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING  IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SATURDAY  UNTIL 10 PM SUNDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SATURDAY  UNTIL 10 PM SUNDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM UNTIL 10 PM SATURDAY FOR THE EASTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE, THE LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS ON THE NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON, NORT CENTRAL OREGON,  AND CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:,

  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible) and Saturday AM, cloudy and a bit warmer with afternoon rain likely (70%) and breezy (Wind: S 15-25 mph gusts to 35 mph), a good (50%) chance of evening rain, a (40%) chance of showers late Saturday night (0.25 in. of rain possible) and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit cooler Sunday (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 1,000 ft.), a slight (20%) chance of evening rain and snow showers, colder with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers late Sunday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and breezy (Wind: W 15-25 mph decreasing to W 5-10 mph late at night),
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM snow showers, just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Monday afternoon (Presidents’ Day), then just partly cloudy at night.
  • lows 42-22 highs 52-40.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Thursday, a (40%) chance of rain and snow at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Friday.
  • highs 42-47 lows 24-34. (seasonal averages high 51 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), evening showers likely (70%), rain and snow showers late Saturday night (0.10 in. of rain possible,snow level 2,500 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy and colder with rain and snow showers  Sunday (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft.), rain and snow showers likely (70%)  Sunday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 300 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (Presidents’ Day), then just partly cloudy at night.
  • lows 42-24 highs 54-40.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers and a bit warmer Thursday, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow and a bit warmer Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 43-52 lows 25-34. (seasonal averages high 54 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with evening coastal rain likely (70%) with a (40%) chance of rain late tonight while a (40%) chance of inland rain tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with coastal rain likely (70%) with a good (50%) chance of inland AM rain and inland rain likely (70%) and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), evening coastal showers and coastal rain likely (70%) late at night while inland  showers Saturday night (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM coastal showers likely (70%) Sunday and rain with snow showers and a bit cooler in the afternoon while inland rain and snow showers Sunday (0.25 in. of rain possible, snow level 800 ft.), coastal rain and snow showers likely (70%) in the afternoon and evening with coastal rain and snow showers while rain and snow showers late Sunday night while evening inland rain and snow showers with inland rain and snow showers likely (70%) at night (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 400 ft),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday (Presidents’ Day), then just partly cloudy Monday night.
  • lows 44-27 highs 53-42.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of rain at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow Friday.
  • highs 46-52 lows 27-37. (seasonal averages high 53 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow through late this evening, rain and snow likely (70%) late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, 1-3 in.of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon (0.75 in. of rain possible, 2-5 in. of snow possible) and breezy (Wind: SW 10-15 mph gusts to 35 mph increasing to SW 15 mph afternoon gusts to 45 mph), evening rain and snow, rain and snow showers and colder late Saturday night (0.75 in. of rain possible, 5-9 in. of snow possible) and windy (Wind: SW 20-30 mph gusts to 45 mph decreasing to 35 mph gusts late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit colder with snow showers and areas of blowing snow Sunday (3-7 in. of snow possible), cloudy with evening snow showers likely (70%), a good (50%) chance of snow showers (1-3 in. of snow possible) and  cold late Sunday night and breezy (Wind: W 15-25 mph gusts to 35 mph decreasing to W 5-10 mph late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of afternoon snow showers and a bit cooler Monday (President’s Day), then just partly cloudy at night.
  • snow level 4,000 ft. tonight, 5,500 ft. Saturday, 4,500 ft. falling to 3,000 ft. late Saturday night, at the surface Sunday through Monday, then free air freezing level at the surface Monday night.
  • lows 30-4 highs 37-20.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a  (40%) of snow Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow Thursday, a slight (20%) chance of snow showers at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of snow Friday.
  • free air freezing level at the surface Tuesday through Wednesday, then snow level at the surface Wednesday night through Friday.
  • highs 22-33 lows 9-22.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________



Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder