timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” Here is the correct answer. A Dry Thunderstorm: Generally a high-based thunderstorm when lightning is observed, but little if any precipitation reaches the ground. Most of the rain produced by the thunderstorm evaporates into relatively dry air beneath the storm cell. May also be referred to as “dry lightning.” I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) takes over returning the sunshine. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Tuesday through next Saturday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 33 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 16 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 30 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER IN MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy tonight and Monday AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, then just mostly cloudy late at night.
  • lows 46-52 highs 74-80 cooling to 77 Wednesday.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and slightly warmer Thursday, partly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Friday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday and a slight (20%) chance of afternoon thunderstorms, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday night and Sunday (a bit cooler).
  • highs 78-72 lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 68 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. High (35)
Trees………. Moderate (23)
Last Counted: 5/18/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Partly cloudy tonight and Monday AM, sunny and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy Wednesday AM, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon and Wednesday night.
  • lows 50-55 highs 77-84 cooling to 79 Wednesday.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit warmer Thursday through Saturday evening,  a slight (20%) chance of showers late Saturday night and Sunday AM, then a slight (20%) chance of afternoon thunderstorms.
  • highs 82-72 lows 56-52. (seasonal averages high 71 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy tonight and Monday AM, sunny and a bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly clear Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy in the AM, sunny and a bit cooler Tuesday afternoon, mostly cloudy at the  shore at night while mostly clear in the evening inland and partly cloudy with patchy inland fog late Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with patchy fog and drizzle Wednesday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, then just mostly cloudy at night.
  • lows 49-53 highs 62-60.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Thursday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Friday and Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy Saturday with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers,  just mostly cloudy Saturday afternoon and at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy Sunday with a slight (20%) chance of afternoon thunderstorms.
  • highs 66-63 lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 48)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Mostly sunny and warmer Monday, mostly clear Monday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, showers likely (70%) with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late at night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 11,000 ft. Monday, 12,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday night through Wednesday night.
  • lows 38-48 cooling to 45 Wednesday night highs 66-69 cooling back to 66 Wednesday.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler in the afternoon and evening, partly cloudy late Thursday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Friday with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, just mostly cloudy late Friday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon, showers likely (70%) with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with AM showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms, then a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Thursday through Sunday,
  • highs 65-62 lows 43-46.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” Here is the correct answer. A Dry Thunderstorm: Generally a high-based thunderstorm when lightning is observed, but little if any precipitation reaches the ground. Most of the rain produced by the thunderstorm evaporates into relatively dry air beneath the storm cell. May also be referred to as “dry lightning.” I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) is controlling our unsettled weather. An Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) takes over returning the sunshine. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Tuesday through next Saturday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 28 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 17 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 29 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER IN MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy this AM, partly cloudy and a bit cooler in the afternoon and tonight,
  • AM clouds, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night.
  • highs 64-78 lows 46-52.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and slightly cooler Wednesday afternoon and evening, just partly cloudy late at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon and  evening, just partly cloudy late Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon and at night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday.
  • highs 77-74 lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 68 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. High (35)
Trees………. Moderate (23)
Last Counted: 5/18/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, just mostly cloudy and slightly cooler this afternoon and evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • AM clouds, sunny and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Tuesday night.
  • highs 69-83 lows 50-55.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Wednesday with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit warmer Thursday through Friday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday.
  • highs 76-82 cooling to 78 Saturday lows near 54. (seasonal averages high 71 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with patchy fog and drizzle this AM, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler in the afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late tonight,
  • Partly cloudy in the AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, mostly clear in the evening, mostly cloudy late Tuesday night.
  • highs 59-62 lows 50-52.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday through Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday.
  • highs 60-66 cooling to 63 Sunday lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 48)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of showers today (0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Partly cloudy and warmer Monday, mostly clear Monday night,
  • Mostly sunny Tuesday, then partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers late Tuesday night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. today and tonight, free air freezing level 11,000 ft. rising to 12,000 ft. Monday, 12,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday night.
  • highs 52-69 lows 39-45.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms, a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (40%) chance of showers Thursday night and a slight chance of evening thunderstorms,
  • Partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Friday night,
  • Then a mix of cloudy and sun with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Wednesday through Saturday,
  • highs near 66 lows 45-43 warming back to 45 Friday night.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” Here is the correct answer. A Dry Thunderstorm: Generally a high-based thunderstorm when lightning is observed, but little if any precipitation reaches the ground. Most of the rain produced by the thunderstorm evaporates into relatively dry air beneath the storm cell. May also be referred to as “dry lightning.” I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) is controlling our unsettled weather. An Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) takes over returning the sunshine. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Tuesday through next Saturday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 29 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 24 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 26 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER IN MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight and Sunday AM, partly cloudy and a bit cooler in the afternoon and Sunday night,
  • AM clouds, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, partly cloudy at night,
  • Patchy AM clouds, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night.
  • lows 48-46 warming to 52 Tuesday night highs 64-78.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and slightly cooler Wednesday afternoon and evening, just partly cloudy late at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon and  evening, just partly cloudy late Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon and at night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday.
  • highs 77-74 lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 68 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. High (35)
Trees………. Moderate (23)
Last Counted: 5/18/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, just mostly cloudy and slightly cooler Sunday afternoon and evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night,
  • AM clouds, sunny and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Tuesday night.
  • lows 50-55 highs 69-83.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit cooler Wednesday with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit warmer Thursday through Friday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday.
  • highs 76-82 cooling to 78 Saturday lows near 54. (seasonal averages high 71 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with patchy fog and drizzle late tonight and Sunday AM, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler in the afternoon, partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Partly cloudy in the AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, mostly clear at night,
  • Sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, mostly clear in the evening, mostly cloudy late Tuesday night.
  • lows 50-52 highs 59-62.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday through Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday.
  • highs 60-66 cooling to 63 Sunday lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 48)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday (0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Partly cloudy and warmer Monday, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday night and Tuesday, a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. tonight through 8,000 ft. Sunday night, free air freezing level 11,000 ft. Monday, 12,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday night.
  • lows 42-39 warming to 45 Tuesday night highs 52-69.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms, a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (40%) chance of showers Thursday night and a slight chance of evening thunderstorms,
  • Partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Friday night,
  • Then a mix of cloudy and sun with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Wednesday through Saturday,
  • highs near 66 lows 45-43 warming back to 45 Friday night..

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” Here is the correct answer. A Dry Thunderstorm: Generally a high-based thunderstorm when lightning is observed, but little if any precipitation reaches the ground. Most of the rain produced by the thunderstorm evaporates into relatively dry air beneath the storm cell. May also be referred to as “dry lightning.” I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) is controlling our unsettled weather. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Tuesday through next Saturday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 20 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 14 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER IN MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy this AM, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, just mostly cloudy late tonight,
  • A bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, mostly cloudy at night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and Monday night.
  • highs 68-65 warming to 72 Monday lows near 47.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday and in the evening, then just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 77-72 lows 52-50. (seasonal averages high 68 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. High (35)
Trees………. Moderate (23)
Last Counted: 5/18/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and evening, just mostly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and at night.
  • highs 76-70 warming back to 76 Monday lows near 50.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with and a bit cooler a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Thursday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, then just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Friday afternoon.
  • highs 85-80 lows 56-53. (seasonal averages high 71 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer today through Sunday, partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and at night.
  • highs near 63 lows near 49.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday AM, just partly cloudy and a bit cooler in the afternoon.
  • highs 64-62 warming back to 64 Thursday cooling back to 62 Friday lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 48)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms), a (40%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday, a (40%) chance of evening showers, just mostly cloudy late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy Monday night.
  • snow level 7,500 ft. today, above 8,000 ft. tonight, 8,000 ft. Sunday, above 8,000 ft. Sunday night, then free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Monday afternoon and Monday night.
  • highs 60-53 warming back to 60 Monday lows 42-40 warming back to 42 Monday night.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late Wednesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, then just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday night and Friday.
  • free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Tuesday AM, snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday afternoon through Thursday evening, free air freezing level 13,000 ft. late Thursday night, then 13,000 ft. rising to 14,000 ft. Friday.
  • highs 58-64 lows 40-43.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

The Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) is building offshore and will bring sunshine and warmer weather, but low pressure (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) isn’t too far behind to return the shower chances. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Monday through next Friday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 27 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 22 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER IN MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a slight bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers in the evening, mostly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • A bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, mostly cloudy at night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and Monday night.
  • lows near 47 highs 70-65 warming to 72 Monday.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday and in the evening, then just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 77-72 lows 52-50. (seasonal averages high 68 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. High (35)
Trees………. Moderate (23)
Last Counted: 5/18/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly clear this evening, partly cloudy late tonight,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon and in the evening, mostly cloudy late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and evening, just mostly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Monday, then just partly cloudy late at night.
  • lows near 50 highs 76-70 warming back to 76 Monday.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with and a bit cooler a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Thursday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, then just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Friday afternoon.
  • highs 85-80 lows 56-53. (seasonal averages high 71 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday through Sunday, partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and at night.
  • lows near 49 highs near 63.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday and Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday AM, just partly cloudy and a bit cooler in the afternoon.
  • highs 64-62 warming back to 64 Thursday cooling back to 62 Friday lows near 52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 47)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Partly cloudy tonight,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms), a (40%) chance of showers late Saturday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, more in storms),
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday, a (40%) chance of evening showers, just mostly cloudy late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy Monday night.
  • free air freezing level 10,000 ft. tonight, snow level 7,500 ft. Saturday, above 8,000 ft. Saturday night, 8,000 ft. Sunday, above 8,000 ft. Sunday night, then free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Monday afternoon and Monday night.
  • lows 39-42 cooling to 40 Sunday night highs 60-53 warming back to 60 Monday.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late Wednesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, then just partly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday night and Friday.
  • free air freezing level 12,000 ft. Tuesday AM, snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday afternoon through Thursday evening, free air freezing level 13,000 ft. late Thursday night, then 14,000 ft. Friday.
  • highs 58-64 lows 40-43.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

The Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) is building offshore and will bring sunshine and warmer weather, but low pressure (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) isn’t too far behind to return the shower chances. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Saturday through next Thursday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 25 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 14 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 22 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER IN MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy this AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon and at night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and in the evening, mostly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and at night.
  • highs 70-72 cooling to 66 Sunday lows 48-46.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and  Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday.
  • highs 70-74 cooling to 70 Thursday lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 68 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. High (35)
Trees………. Moderate (23)
Last Counted: 5/18/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM rain and drizzle, mostly sunny and a bit warmer this afternoon, partly cloudy tonight,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon and in the evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and Sunday night.
  • highs 76-69 lows 48-50 cooling back to 48 Sunday night.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon.
  • highs 74-79 cooling back to 74 Thursday lows 50-53. (seasonal averages high 71 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM coastal rain and drizzle, just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon, partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight and Saturday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night.
  • highs 63-59 lows 47-49.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon through Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy Thursday AM, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon.
  • highs 60-63 lows 50-52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 47)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • AM clouds and sun, mostly sunny and a bit warmer this afternoon, partly cloudy tonight,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Saturday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday, a (40%) chance of evening showers,  a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night.
  • free air freezing level 10,000 ft. today and tonight, snow level 8,000 ft. Saturday, then above 8,000 ft. Saturday night through Sunday night.
  • highs 59-54 lows 39-42.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Monday night through Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of showers in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Wednesday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday through Thursday.
  • highs 58-64 lows 40-43.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out.

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

The Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) is building offshore and will bring sunshine and warmer weather, but low pressure (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) isn’t too far behind to return the shower chances. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Saturday through next Thursday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 30 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 7 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 25 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight and Friday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and in the evening, mostly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and at night.
  • lows 48-46 highs 70-72 cooling to 66 Sunday.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and  Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Thursday.
  • highs 70-74 cooling to 70 Thursday lows 47-50. (seasonal averages high 67 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. Moderate (6)
Trees………. Moderate (58)
Last Counted: 5/16/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly clear this evening, partly cloudy late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy Friday AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly clear Friday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and in the evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and Sunday night.
  • lows 50-48 warming back to 50 Saturday night cooling back to 48 Sunday night highs 76-69.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon.
  • highs 74-79 cooling back to 74 Thursday lows 50-52. (seasonal averages high 70 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy Friday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon and Friday night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy Saturday afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night.
  • lows 49-47 warming back to 49 Saturday night and Sunday night highs 63-59.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon through Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy Thursday AM, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon.
  • highs 60-63 lows 50-52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 47)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Partly cloudy tonight,
  • AM clouds and sun, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Friday afternoon, partly cloudy at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and evening, a (40%) chance of showers late Saturday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday, a (40%) chance of evening showers,  a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night.
  • free air freezing level 11,000 ft. late tonight, 10,000 ft. Friday and Friday night, snow level 8,000 ft. Saturday, then above 8,000 ft. Saturday night through Sunday night.
  • lows 37-42 highs 59-54.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Monday night through Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of showers in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Wednesday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Monday through Thursday.
  • highs 54-59 lows 39-42.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out.

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

We are seeing an increase in marine airflow which cools us down. The Upper Level High Pressure Ridge has weakened enough to allow the chance in surface air movement and an Upper Level Low in the far Southwest U.S. keep the chance of getting wet with us for another day. The graphics for days 1-3 show surface low pressure moving eastward. The graphics for days 3-7 show a series of storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Saturday through next Wednesday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 27 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 5 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 20 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE LOWER COLUMBIA RIVER AT VANCOUVER MULTNOMAH COUNTY OREGON AND CLARK COUNTY WASHINGTON.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • AM clouds with a slight (20%) chance of drizzle or showers, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer this afternoon, partly cloudy tonight,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and in the evening, then mostly cloudy late Saturday night.
  • highs 68-72 lows 45-47.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Monday with a slight (20%) chance of showers, partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night through Tuesday evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, then a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon.
  • highs 66-72 cooling to 69 Wednesday lows 46-50. (seasonal averages high 67 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. Moderate (6)
Trees………. Moderate (58)
Last Counted: 5/16/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon, mostly clear this evening, partly cloudy late tonight and Friday AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late at night,
  • AM sun, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon and evening, then mostly cloudy late Saturday night.
  • highs 72-77 lows 49-47 warming back to 52 Saturday night.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance thunderstorms and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon.
  • highs 72-78 cooling to 76 Wednesday lows 50-52. (seasonal averages high 70 low 48)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer today, mostly clear this evening, partly cloudy late tonight,
  • Partly cloudy Friday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy Saturday and at night.
  • highs near 60 lows 48-46 warming to 50 Saturday night.
  • Mostly cloudy Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and at night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday.
  • highs 59-62 lows 49-52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 47)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers this AM, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer this afternoon,  just partly cloudy tonight,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Saturday night.
  • snow level 8,000 ft. today, free air freezing level 9,000 ft. rising to 11,000 ft. late tonight, 7,500 ft. rising to 10,000 ft. Friday, 9,000 ft. rising to 10,000 ft. late Friday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Saturday and Saturday night.
  • highs 57-60 lows 37-40.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%)  chance of showers late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, then a (30%) chance of showers in the afternoon.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Sunday, 8,000 ft. Sunday night, 8,000 ft. rising to above 8,000 ft. Monday, then above 8,000 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday.
  • highs 54-59 lows 39-42.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out.

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

We are seeing an increase in marine airflow which cools us down. The Upper Level High Pressure Ridge has weakened enough to allow the chance in surface air movement and an Upper Level Low in the far Southwest U.S. keep the chance of getting wet with us for another day. The graphics for days 1-3 show surface low pressure moving eastward. The graphics for days 3-7 show a series of storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Saturday through next Wednesday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 22 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 20 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 19 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this evening, just cloudy late tonight,
  • AM clouds with a slight (20%) chance of showers, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and in the evening, then mostly cloudy late Saturday night.
  • lows 49-45 warming to 47 Saturday highs 68-72.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Monday with a slight (20%) chance of showers, partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night through Tuesday evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, then a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon.
  • highs 66-72 cooling to 69 Wednesday lows 46-50. (seasonal averages high 67 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. Moderate (6)
Trees………. Moderate (58)
Last Counted: 5/16/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with scattered evening showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight and Thursday AM, just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Thursday night and Friday AM, mostly sunny and a bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late at night,
  • AM sun, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon and evening, then mostly cloudy late Saturday night.
  • lows 52-47 warming back to 52 Saturday night highs 65-76.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance thunderstorms and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon.
  • highs 72-78 cooling to 76 Wednesday lows 50-52. (seasonal averages high 70 low 47)

 

_____________________

 

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of coastal showers late tonight while inland isolated showers tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Thursday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late at night,
  • Partly cloudy Friday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Friday night,
  • Then partly cloudy Saturday and at night.
  • lows 52-46 warming to 50 Saturday night highs near 60.
  • Mostly cloudy Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and at night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday.
  • highs 59-62 lows 49-52. (seasonal averages high 59 low 47)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers tonight,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Thursday AM, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer in the afternoon,  just partly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a (30%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Saturday night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. tonight, 8,000 ft. Thursday, free air freezing level 9,000 ft. rising to 11,000 ft. late Thursday night, 7,500 ft. rising to 10,000 ft. Friday, 9,000 ft. rising to 10,000 ft. late Friday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Saturday and Saturday night.
  • lows 40-37 warming back to 40 Saturday night highs 57-60.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Monday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%)  chance of showers late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday AM, then a (30%) chance of showers and a bit cooler in the afternoon.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Sunday, 8,000 ft. Sunday night and Monday, then above 8,000 ft. Tuesday through Wednesday.
  • highs 60-62 lows near 40.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Finding A Way To Make Sure We Don’t Run Out.

__________

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Dry Thunderstorm?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. Good luck.

________________

We are seeing an increase in marine airflow which cools us down. The Upper Level High Pressure Ridge has weakened enough to allow the chance in surface air movement. The graphics for days 1-3 show surface low pressure moving eastward. The graphics for days 3-7 show a series of storm systems that will approach and try to move through the Pacific Northwest Saturday through next Wednesday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 24 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 10 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 23 in the Good category measuring Ozone.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Cloudy with patchy drizzle and a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM, partly cloudy and much cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), just cloudy late tonight,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Thursday afternoon, partly cloudy at night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night.
  • highs 63-72 lows 49-46.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and in the evening, mostly cloudy late Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and slightly cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Monday with a slight (20%) chance of showers, partly cloudy Monday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and slightly cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • highs 72-70 warming back to 72 Monday and Tuesday lows near 48. (seasonal averages high 67 low 44)

_____

Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count

Grass………. Moderate (6)
Trees………. Moderate (58)
Last Counted: 5/16/18
Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates

 

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of scattered showers this afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and Thursday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon and Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday, then mostly clear at night.
  • highs 65-76 lows 52-47.
  • AM sun, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Sunday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a slight (20%) chance thunderstorms and a bit warmer Monday afternoon and evening, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night and Tuesday (a bit cooler).
  • highs 77-75 lows 52-50. (seasonal averages high 70 low 47)

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and slightly cooler today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of coastal showers late tonight while inland isolated showers tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of inland showers Thursday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon and Thursday night,
  • Partly cloudy Friday mostly clear in the evening, then partly cloudy late Friday night.
  • highs 58-60 lows 52-46.
  • Partly cloudy Saturday and Saturday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday AM, then partly cloudy in the afternoon through Tuesday.
  • highs 60-65 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 59 low 47)

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Cloudy with patchy AM drizzle and a good (50%) chance of showers and cooler today (0.10 in. of rain possible), a (40%) chance of evening showers, colder with a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Thursday afternoon,  just partly cloudy at night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer Friday and Friday night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. today and tonight, 8,000 ft. Thursday, free air freezing level 10,000 ft. Thursday night, 11,000 ft. Friday, then 10,000 ft. Friday night.
  • highs 52-60 lows 40-38 warming back to 40 Friday night.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and slightly cooler with a good (20%) chance of showers Sunday, a (40%) chance of showers at night,
  • A (30%) chance of AM showers, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Saturday through Tuesday.
  • highs 60-62 lows near 40.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________



Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder