timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

________________

Here is my weather quiz question for this week. Since the tropical storm season is about to officially start (this Friday June 1st) and we have already had a tropical disturbance that pushed into northern Florida I thought a hurricane question would be in order. What are the three main things needed to form a tropical storm/hurricane? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck!

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

A high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on orange line) took over drying us out and giving us sunshine that will end Friday with the return of clouds. A weak frontal system brushed north of us and fell apart without causing precipitation in the Southern Willamette Valley, but increasing the cloud cover mainly to our north. Another trough of low pressure will move closer to Oregon and a frontal system (position shown is Sunday) will make landfall late Friday and Friday night returning the chance of showers just in time for the “Prefontaine Classic” (runners like cloudy and cool, but not much wet) on Saturday at Hayward Field. At least a slight chance of precipitation will continue through Sunday into early next week.
________________
The pollen count for the Eugene-Springfield area is:
Trees-Moderate (15)
Grass-High (84)
Data from Oregon Allergy Associates
________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy late tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Friday, partly cloudy cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday evening, showers likely (60%) late Friday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy at night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday AM, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers in the afternoon, a (40%) chance of showers Sunday night lows 50-46 highs 73-60. Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Monday night and Tuesday, a (30%) chance showers Tuesday evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night and Thursday highs 60-66 lows near 44. (seasonal averages high 70 low 46)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Partly cloudy  this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight and Friday, a slight (20%) chance evening showers, showers likely (60%) late Friday night and Saturday AM, a (40%) chance of showers and cooler in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers and colder, a slight (20%) chance of rain late Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Sunday AM, a (30%) chance of showers in the afternoon and Sunday night lows 56-46 highs 82-65. Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Monday and Monday night, a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, mostly cloudy Tuesday evening then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night, mostly cloudy Thursday AM, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday highs 66-70 cooling to near 64 Thursday lows 46-50. (seasonal averages high 73 low 50)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Cloudy with areas of coastal fog tonight and Friday AM, a slight (20%) chance of patchy drizzle Friday afternoon, cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers, showers likely (60%) late Friday night, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and cooler Saturday, a chance of evening showers, slight (20%) chance of rain Saturday night and Sunday AM, then a (30%) chance of showers Sunday afternoon and Sunday night lows 54-44 highs 62-55. Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday through Tuesday, mostly cloudy in the evening and partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday through Thursday highs 55-60 cooling to near 56 Wednesday night lows near 48. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Partly cloudy tonight and Friday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) of showers Friday evening, showers increasing late Friday night (0.10 in. of rain possible) and cooler, cloudy with showers likely (60%) Saturday AM, a good (50%) chance of showers and cooler in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late Sunday night free air freezing level 12,000 ft. tonight and Friday, snow level above 8,000 ft., Friday night, 7,000 ft. Saturday, 6,000 ft. Saturday night through Sunday night lows 47-37 highs 65-50. Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Monday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday night and Tuesday, a (30%) chance of  showers Tuesday evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Tuesday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers Wednesday, a (30%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night snow level 5,500 ft. Monday, 5,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, 5,500 ft. Tuesday night, 6,000 ft. Wednesday, 8,000 ft. Wednesday night, then 7,000 ft. Thursday highs 46-55 lows 32-37.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder