timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

________________

Just in case you missed the announcement Monday, we did have someone post the correct answer to my weekly weather quiz question. Here it is again. What does it mean when flocks of seagulls are seen hanging around the parking lots of schools and grocery stores in the Willamette Valley. Rosemary’s answer: ” When the weather is stormy and the surf is rough, the seagulls come inland to get food.”  My detailed answer: The seagulls move inland on the higher winds ahead of a storm moving onshore. With rough seas and strong winds it is easier for the seagulls to fly eastward and stop off at grocery store parking lots and school parking lots where they can find discarded food scraps. I’ll have a new weather quiz question for you next Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count.

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

trough of low pressure (“U” shape on the orange line) is moving through keeping the onshore airflow giving us a continued chance of showers . A frontal system will move through Oregon, but a short-lived ridge of high pressure (“Arch” shape on orange line) will take over drying us out Tuesday through Wednesday. A frontal system will approach the Pacific Northwest Wednesday making landfall by Thursday.
_________________________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of light rain or drizzle  Monday AM (Memorial Day), a slight (20%) chance of showers in the afternoon, just partly cloudy Monday night, patchy AM fog, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday afternoon, mostly cloudy in the evening, then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night lows 47-43 warming to near 50 Wednesday night highs 64-75. A mix of clouds and sun Thursday with a slight (20%) chance of showers, partly cloudy Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night and Sunday highs 75-62 lows 52-45. (seasonal averages high 69 low 45)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Cloudy with slight (20%) chance of isolated showers this evening, a slight (20%) chance of patchy drizzle late tonight, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of light showers and patchy drizzle Monday AM (Memorial Day), mostly cloudy in the afternoon and evening, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Monday night and  Tuesday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, and Tuesday night with patchy fog lat at night and Wednesday AM, then partly cloudy Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night lows 48-45 warming to 53 Wednesday night highs 65-79. Partly cloudy Thursday AM, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday afternoon through Friday night, mostly cloudy and cooler with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday and Sunday, then a (30%) chance of showers Sunday highs 82-66 lows 54-50. (seasonal averages high 72 low 49)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Cloudy with a (30%) chance of  scattered showers this evening, a slight (20%) chance of light showers or patchy drizzle late tonight and Monday AM, cloudy Monday afternoon (Memorial Day),  mostly cloudy Monday evening, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Monday night and Tuesday AM, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon, just mostly cloudy with patchy fog Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, partly cloudy and warmer Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night lows 48-45 warming to near 50 Wednesday night highs 56-63. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday and Thursday night, a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, a (30%) chance of showers Friday night, a (40%) chance of showers Saturday and Saturday night,  then a (30%) chance of showers Sunday highs 64-55  warming to near 60 Sunday lows 50-52. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and Monday (Memorial Day) and Monday evening, just partly cloudy late Monday night through Wednesday night snow level 6,500 ft. tonight through Monday night, free air freezing level 9,000 ft. Tuesday, 10,000 ft. Tuesday night, 12,000 ft. Wednesday, then 13,000 ft. Wednesday night lows 35-32 warming to 42 Wednesday night highs 54-65. Partly cloudy Thursday and Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun Friday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Friday night, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night and Sunday free air freezing level 13,000 ft. Thursday through Friday, snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday night and Saturday, 7,000 ft. Saturday night, then 6,000 ft. Sunday highs 68-52 lows 44-33.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder