timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

________________

It’s a Holiday, but it is still Monday so it’s time for my weather quiz question for this week. Since the tropical storm season is about to start (this Friday June 1st) and we already have a near-hurricane poised to hit northern Florida I thought a hurricane question would be in order. What are the three main things needed to form a tropical storm/hurricane? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck!

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

trough of low pressure (“U” shape on the orange line) is moving through keeping the onshore airflow giving us a continued chance of showers. A frontal system fell apart as it moved through Oregon, but a short-lived ridge of high pressure (“Arch” shape on orange line) will take over drying us out Tuesday through Wednesday. A frontal system will make landfall by Thursday bringing back the chance of showers.
_________________________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Partly cloudy this evening, becoming mostly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Tuesday, partly cloudy Tuesday night, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, partly cloudy Wednesday night, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday, partly cloudy in the evening, then mostly cloudy Thursday night lows 40-53 highs 68-77. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday night and Saturday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday highs 75-62 warming to 66 Monday lows 50-42. (seasonal averages high 69 low 45)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Partly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight, mostly cloudy with patchy fog Tuesday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, and Tuesday night with patchy fog late at night and Wednesday AM, then partly cloudy Wednesday afternoon through Thursday night lows 44-52 highs 73-82. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, a good (50%) chance of rain late Friday night, mostly cloudy and cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday and Saturday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday through Monday highs 80-68 lows 50-46. (seasonal averages high 72 low 49)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight and Tuesday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with patchy fog Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, partly cloudy and warmer Wednesday afternoon through Thursday AM,then mostly cloudy Thursday afternoon and Thursday night lows 45-53 highs 58-65. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, rain likely (60%) Friday night and Saturday, a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday evening, a slight (20%) chance of rain late Saturday night and Sunday AM, a slight (20%) chance of  showers Sunday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Sunday night and Monday highs 62-56 lows 50-45. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of this evening, just mostly cloudy late tonight, partly cloudy Tuesday through Wednesday night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Thursday AM, then a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night snow level 6,500 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 9,000 ft. Tuesday, 10,000 ft. Tuesday night, 12,000 ft. Wednesday, 13,000 ft. Wednesday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night lows 32-43 highs 58-67. Partly cloudy with a slight (20% )chance of rain Thursday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers in the afternoon and Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Friday night, a (40%) chance of rain Saturday, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain or snow showers Sunday, partly cloudy in  the evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night, then a mix of clouds and sun Monday with a slight (20%) chance of showers free air freezing level 13,000 ft. Friday, snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday night, 8,000 ft. Saturday, 6,500 ft. Saturday night, 6,000 ft. Sunday, 5,500 ft. Sunday night, then 6,500 ft Monday highs 66-52 warming to 55 Monday lows 40-32 warming to 36 Sunday night.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder