timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

________________

Here is my weather quiz question for this week. Since the tropical storm season is about to start (this Friday June 1st) and we already have a near-hurricane poised to hit northern Florida I thought a hurricane question would be in order. What are the three main things needed to form a tropical storm/hurricane? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck!

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

A high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on orange line) will take over drying us out through Friday. A weak disturbance will brush the northern reaches of the area, from Portland northward, on Wednesday without causing  any precipitation in the Southern Willamette Valley. A frontal system will make landfall late Friday into Saturday returning the chance of showers just in time for the “Pre Classic” on Saturday at Hayward Field and continuing through Sunday into next week.
_________________________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, a mix of clouds and sun this afternoon, partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, partly cloudy Wednesday night, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday, partly cloudy in the evening, then mostly cloudy Thursday night highs 68-79 lows 43-53. Mostly cloudy Friday, a slight (20%) chance of rain developing Friday evening, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers late Friday night and Saturday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday highs 75-62 warming to 66 Monday lows 50-42. (seasonal averages high 69 low 45)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, partly cloudy this afternoon, mostly cloudy with patchy fog late at night and Wednesday AM, then mostly cloudy Wednesday afternoon through Thursday night highs 73-82 lows 44-54. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, a good (50%) chance of rain late Friday night, mostly cloudy and cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday and Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and Sunday night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday AM, then a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday afternoon highs 80-68 lows 57-47. (seasonal averages high 72 low 49)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer this afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, mostly cloudy with patchy fog tonight and Wednesday AM, partly cloudy and warmer Wednesday afternoon through Thursday AM, then mostly cloudy Thursday afternoon and Thursday night highs 58-63 lows 47-53. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, rain likely (60%) Friday night and Saturday, a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday evening, a slight (20%) chance of rain late Saturday night and Sunday AM, a slight (20%) chance of  showers Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Sunday night, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of  rain Monday AM, then a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday afternoon highs 62-56 lows 52-45. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Mostly cloudy today this AM, partly cloudy this afternoon and evening, a mix of clouds and sun Wednesday, partly cloudy Wednesday night, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday, partly cloudy in the evening, then mostly cloudy Thursday night free air freezing level 9,000 ft. rising to 10,000 ft.this afternoon, 11,000 ft. tonight, 12,000 ft. Wednesday, 13,000 ft. Wednesday night through Thursday night highs 58-70 lows 36-44. A mix of clouds and sun Friday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain in the evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Friday night and Saturday, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain or snow showers Sunday, partly cloudy in  the evening, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night, then a mix of clouds and sun Monday with a slight (20%) chance of showers free air freezing level 13,000 ft. Friday, snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday night, 8,000 ft. Saturday, 7,500 ft. Saturday night, 5,500 ft. Sunday,  then 6,500 ft. Sunday night, and Monday highs 66-52 warming to 55 Monday lows 40-32 warming to 36 Sunday night.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder