timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

________________

Here is my weather quiz question for this week. Since the tropical storm season is about to officially start (this Friday June 1st) and we already have a tropical disturbance that pushed into northern Florida I thought a hurricane question would be in order. What are the three main things needed to form a tropical storm/hurricane? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck!

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

A high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on orange line) took over drying us out and giving us sunshine that will last through Friday. A weak frontal system will brush mainly north of us without causing precipitation in the Southern Willamette Valley, but increasing the cloud cover. Another frontal system will make landfall late Friday and Friday night returning the chance of showers just in time for the “Prefontaine Classic” (runners like cloudy and cool, but not much wet) on Saturday at Hayward Field. At least a slight chance of precipitation will continue through Sunday into early next week.
________________
The pollen count for the Eugene-Springfield area is:
Trees-Moderate (15)
Grass-High (84)
Data from Oregon Allergy Associates
________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: Mostly cloudy this evening, partly cloudy late tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday, partly cloudy Thursday night, a mix of clouds and sun Friday, cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday evening, showers likely (60%) late Friday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a (30%) chance of showers Saturday night lows 49-54 cooling to 44 Saturday night highs 78-63. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Monday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Monday night and Tuesday, a (30%) chance showers Tuesday evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday highs 63-65 cooling to cooling to near 62 Monday and warming to near 65 Wednesday lows near 44. (seasonal averages high 70 low 46)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy tonight and Thursday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, just mostly cloudy Thursday night and Friday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance rain Friday night, rain likely (60%) Saturday AM, a (40%) chance of showers and cooler in the afternoon, then a good (50%) chance of showers and colder Saturday night lows 52-60 cooling to near 50 Saturday night highs 86-70. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and Sunday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday highs 66-70 cooling to near 64 Tuesday lows 51-46. (seasonal averages high 73 low 50)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Mostly cloudy tonight and Thursday, mostly cloudy with areas of coastal drizzle in the evening with a slight (20%) chance of rain and drizzle late Thursday night and Friday AM, a slight (20%) chance of rain and patchy coastal drizzle Friday afternoon, a (40%) chance of evening rain and coastal rain likely (60%) late Friday night with a (30%) chance of inland rain, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and cooler Saturday and Saturday night lows 50-54 cooling to near 47 by Saturday night highs wavering from 58-60 and back again. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday through Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday highs near 58 lows near 47. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: Partly cloudy tonight, a mix of clouds and sun Thursday and Friday, partly cloudy Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) of showers Friday evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Friday night and colder, cloudy with showers likely (60%) Saturday AM, a good (50%) chance of showers in the afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday night free air freezing level 12,000 ft. tonight, 11,000 ft. Thursday, 12,000 ft. Thursday night, 13,000 ft. Friday, snow level above 8,000 ft., Friday night and Saturday, then 7,000 ft. Saturday night lows 40-43 cooling to near 35 Saturday night highs 70-54. A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Sunday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Sunday night, a mix of clouds and sun with a (40%) chance of showers Monday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday night, a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, a (30%) chance of  showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers and a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday snow level 6,000 ft. Sunday through Monday, 5,500 ft. Monday and Monday night, 5,500 ft. Tuesday, then 6,000 ft. Tuesday night and Wednesday highs 54-49 warming to near 55 Wednesday lows 35-30 warming to near 34 Tuesday night.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder