timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

________________

Here is my weather quiz question for this week. Since the tropical storm season is about to officially start (this Friday June 1st) and we already have a tropical disturbance that pushed into northern Florida I thought a hurricane question would be in order. What are the three main things needed to form a tropical storm/hurricane? Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck!

________________

Advisories: NONE AT THIS TIME.

_______________

A high pressure ridge (“Arch” shape on orange line) took over drying us out and giving us sunshine that will last through Friday. A weak frontal system will brush mainly north of us without causing precipitation in the Southern Willamette Valley, but increasing the cloud cover. Another frontal system (position shown is Saturday) will make landfall late Friday and Friday night returning the chance of showers just in time for the “Prefontaine Classic” (runners like cloudy and cool, but not much wet) on Saturday at Hayward Field. At least a slight chance of precipitation will continue through Sunday into early next week.
________________
The pollen count for the Eugene-Springfield area is:
Trees-Moderate (15)
Grass-High (84)
Data from Oregon Allergy Associates
________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis: A mix of clouds and sun today, becoming mostly cloudy tonight, cloudy Friday, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday evening, showers likely (60%) late Friday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a (30%) chance of showers afternoon and evening, then a slight (20%) chance of showers late Saturday night highs 78-63 lows 53-45. A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Monday night through Tuesday evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday highs 63-65 cooling to near 62 Monday and warming to near 65 Wednesday lows near 44. (seasonal averages high 70 low 46)

_______________

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg: Mostly cloudy this AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and tonight, mostly cloudy Friday with a (30%) chance rain Friday night, rain likely (60%) Saturday AM, a (40%) chance of showers and cooler in the afternoon, then (40%) chance of showers and colder Saturday night highs 85-65 lows 56-47. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and Sunday night, a good (50%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday through Wednesday highs 66-70 lows 46-48. (seasonal averages high 73 low 50)

________________

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend: Becoming mostly cloudy this afternoon with areas of coastal drizzle, cloudy with areas of coastal rain and drizzle tonight, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM drizzle Friday AM, a slight (20%) chance of areas of light rain and patchy coastal drizzle Friday afternoon, a (40%) chance of evening coastal rain and coastal rain likely (60%) late Friday night with a (30%) chance of inland rain, AM rain likely (60%) then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and cooler Saturday and Saturday night highs wavering from 64-58 lows 54-47. Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Monday through Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday highs 55-60 lows near 47. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

_________________

Forecast for the Cascades of Lane County: A mix of clouds and sun and warmer today, partly cloudy tonight, mostly cloudy Friday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) of showers Friday evening, a good (50%) chance of showers late Friday night and colder, cloudy with showers likely (60%) Saturday AM, a good (50%) chance of showers in the afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Saturday night free air freezing level 13,000 ft. today through Friday, snow level above 8,000 ft., Friday night and Saturday, then 7,000 ft. Saturday night highs 70-54 lows 46-35. A mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Sunday, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers late Sunday night, mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Monday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday night, a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Tuesday, a (30%) chance of  showers Tuesday night, then mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers and a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon snow level 6,000 ft. Sunday through Monday, 5,500 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, then 6,000 ft. Tuesday night and Wednesday highs 54-48 warming to near 55 Wednesday lows 35-30 warming to near 34 Tuesday night.

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com

________________

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder