timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

 

______________

 

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column But They Don’t Come Here, Do They?

_____

And don’t forget my latest feature story in the continuing series on service club organizations called Oregon Has Two Kinds Of “Elks” Four Legged and Two Legged.

 

________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Neap Tide?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

 

An upper level through of low pressure is headed our way and it will slide down the coast and then push inland later in the week. It will keep the chance of showers with us for another day or two.

 

________________

 

Advisories: None at This Time.

 

________________

 

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 20 in the Good category measuring Ozone at Amazon Park, Eugene. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 11 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter at Willamette Activity Center, Oakridge. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)
________________
Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass……….High (132)

Trees……….Moderate (30)

Last Counted: 5/23/14

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday and Wednesday evening (0.15 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday AM, then just partly cloudy Thursday night.
  • highs 67-63 warming to 68 Thursday lows 45-42.
  • Partly cloudy Friday through Sunday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun Monday.
  • highs 75-69 lows near 50. (seasonal averages high 69 low 45).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, a (30%) chance of showers this evening, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  •  Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening thunderstorms, partly cloudy late Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy Thursday AM, sunny in the afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, then just partly cloudy Thursday night.
  • highs 70-66 warming to 72 Thursday lows near 46.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms and warmer Friday afternoon and evening, a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms late at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Saturday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday through Monday.
  • highs 79-74 lows 49-53. (seasonal averages high 72 low 49)

 

_________________

 

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with patchy coastal fog this AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers, a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with coastal showers likely (60%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday AM and showers likely (60%) in the afternoon while a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of AM thunderstorms inland with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of coastal showers late Wednesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon and Thursday night.
  • highs 62-60 lows 50-48 warming back to 50 Thursday night.
  • Partly cloudy Friday, mostly cloudy Friday night,
  • Partly cloudy Saturday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and Sunday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday.
  • highs 64-66 cooling to 62 Monday lows 52-56 cooling to 53 Sunday night. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of evening showers, a  good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (60%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening, partly cloudy late Wednesday night,
  • Partly cloudy Thursday AM, mostly sunny and warmer in the afternoon, then just partly cloudy Thursday night.
  • snow level 7,000 ft. today, 6,000 ft. falling to 5,000 ft. late tonight, 5,000 ft. Wednesday and at night, 6,500 ft. rising to 7,500 ft. Thursday afternoon, then free air freezing level 9,000 ft. Thursday night.
  • highs 52-48 warming to 57 Thursday lows 32-30 warming to 38 Thursday night.
  • Mostly sunny in the AM, mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Friday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening, a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday AM, a slight (20%)  chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers and thunderstorms, partly cloudy late at night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun Monday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday through Sunday night, then free air freezing level 11,000 ft. Monday.
  • highs 62-58 lows near 40.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder