timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

 

______________

 

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column But They Don’t Come Here, Do They?

_____

And don’t forget my latest feature story in the continuing series on service club organizations called Oregon Has Two Kinds Of “Elks” Four Legged and Two Legged.

 

________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Neap Tide?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

 

An upper level low (Shaded”U” shape with blue arrows) is headed our way and it will slide down the coast and then push inland tonight. A broad upper level trough of low pressure will keep the chance of showers with us through Wednesday night. It will dry out Thursday through early next week. That means Saturday should be a perfect day for the 2014 Prefontaine Classic, partly cloudy with a comfortable morning warming to near 75 in the afternoon.

 

________________

 

Advisories: None at This Time.

 

________________

 

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 27 in the Good category measuring Ozone at Delight Valley School, Saginaw. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 12 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter at Willamette Activity Center, Oakridge. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)
________________
Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass……….High (56)

Trees……….Low (7)

Last Counted: 5/27/14

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday and Wednesday evening (0.15 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun Thursday, partly cloudy at night,
  • Mostly sunny Friday AM, then partly cloudy in the afternoon and Friday night.
  • lows near 50 highs 64-77.
  • Partly cloudy Saturday through Sunday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun Monday, then partly cloudy Monday evening through Tuesday.
  • highs 75-69 warming to 76 Tuesday lows 52-47. (seasonal averages high 69 low 45).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:

  • Partly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  •  Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening showers and thunderstorms, partly cloudy late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) through Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday and Friday night.
  • lows 47-44 warming to 54 Friday night highs 67-79.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday and Saturday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night,
  • Then just partly cloudy Tuesday.
  • highs 76-73 lows 52-49. (seasonal averages high 72 low 49)

 

_________________

 

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Partly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this evening and a good (50%) chance of showers late while a (40%) chance of showers inland tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) of coastal showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday AM and a (30%) chance of showers in the afternoon while a (40%) chance of inland showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Just partly cloudy Thursday through Friday night,
  • lows 50-48 warming back to 50 Thursday night highs 62-60.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, mostly cloudy in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday night,
  • Partly cloudy Sunday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and in the evening, mostly cloudy late at night,
  • Then just partly cloudy Tuesday.
  • highs 64-66 cooling to 62 Monday lows 52-56 cooling to 53 Sunday night. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers this evening, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Wednesday, a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, partly cloudy late Wednesday night,
  • Partly cloudy Thursday AM, mostly sunny and warmer in the afternoon,  just partly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Mostly sunny in the AM, mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Friday night.
  • snow level 6,000 ft. falling to 5,000 ft. late tonight, 4,500 ft. Wednesday, 5,000 ft. at night, free air freezing level 7,000 ft. rising to 8,000 ft. Thursday afternoon, 10,000 ft. Thursday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday and Friday night.
  • lows 36-43 highs 46-65.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers and thunderstorms, a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday AM, a slight (20%)  chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers and thunderstorms, partly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, just partly cloudy at night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Saturday through Monday, free air freezing level 11,000 ft Monday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday.
  • highs 58-65 lows 43-40.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder