timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

 

______________

 

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column But They Don’t Come Here, Do They?

_____

And don’t forget my latest feature story in the continuing series on service club organizations called Oregon Has Two Kinds Of “Elks” Four Legged and Two Legged.

 

________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Neap Tide?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

 

An upper level low (Shaded”U” shape with blue arrows) was headed our way and it will push inland. A broad upper level trough of low pressure will keep the chance of showers with us through tonight, then it will dry out through early next week. That means Saturday should be a perfect day for the 2014 Prefontaine Classic, partly cloudy with a comfortable morning, then possibly a slight chance of an afternoon shower or thunderstorm, but that would be after the Classic would be over. Runners have always told me they like clouds and cooler temperatures for optimal running conditions.

________________

 

Advisories: None at This Time.

 

________________

 

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 20 in the Good category measuring Particulates at Springfield City Hall. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 12 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter at Willamette Activity Center, Oakridge. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)
________________
Eugene-Springfield Pollen Count:

Grass……….High (56)

Trees……….Low (7)

Last Counted: 5/27/14

Data Courtesy of Oregon Allergy Associates.

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms today and this evening (0.25 in. of rain possible, small hail possible), a slight (20%) chance of showers late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun Thursday, partly cloudy at night,
  • Mostly sunny Friday AM, then partly cloudy in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night.
  • lows near 50 highs 64-77.
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday afternoon and evening, then partly cloudy Saturday night through Sunday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun Monday, partly cloudy Monday evening, mostly cloudy at night,
  • Then just partly cloudy Tuesday.
  • highs 75-69 warming to 76 Tuesday lows 52-47. (seasonal averages high 69 low 45).

________________

 

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:

  •  Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a slight (20%) chance of evening showers and isolated thunderstorms, partly cloudy late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) through Thursday night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday afternoonand Friday night.
  • highs 67-79 lows 45-53.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Saturday and Saturday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and Monday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon.
  • highs 76-74 warming back to 76 Tuesday lows 54-50. (seasonal averages high 72 low 49)

 

_________________

 

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) of coastal showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms this AM and a (30%) chance of showers this afternoon while a (40%) chance of inland showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Just partly cloudy Thursday AM, sunny in the afternoon, partly cloudy at night and breezy (Wind N 15-25 mph decreasing to N 10-15 mph late),
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy Friday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening, mostly cloudy at night,
  • highs 60-63 lows 49-53.
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday and Saturday night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy Sunday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday and in the evening, mostly cloudy late at night,
  • Then just partly cloudy Tuesday.
  • highs 62-65 cooling to 62 Monday warming back to 65 Tuesday lows near 54. (seasonal averages high 60 low 49).

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms today (0.10 in. of rain possible, 1 in. of snow possible), a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy late tonight,
  • Partly cloudy Thursday AM, mostly sunny and warmer in the afternoon,  just partly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Mostly sunny in the AM, mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers late Friday night.
  • snow level 4,500 ft. today, 5,000 ft. tonight, free air freezing level 7,000 ft. rising to 8,000 ft. Thursday afternoon, 10,000 ft. Thursday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Friday and Friday night.
  • highs 46-66 lows 32-43.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Saturday AM, a slight (20%) chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers and thunderstorms, a slight (20%) chance of showers late at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Sunday AM, a slight (20%)  chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, partly cloudy late Sunday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday, just partly cloudy at night,
  • Then partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. Saturday through Monday, free air freezing level 11,000 ft Monday night, then snow level above 8,000 ft. Tuesday.
  • highs 59-63 lows 43-40.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

 

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at Eugene Daily News.com.

________________

 

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder