timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

 

_________________

 

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not Column Their Motto “The Need Is Real; The Time Is Now.”

_____

And don’t forget my latest feature story in the continuing series on service club organizations called This Moose Isn’t Named Bullwinkle.

 

__________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is “the Bermuda High?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

 

________________

 

A weak upper level low (Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) is sliding eastward to our north and returning the chance of precipitation for a short period of time. A frontal system will pass through Friday for more showers, then drying behind it. An upper air ridge of high pressure (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) will take over by Saturday returning the dry weather for the weekend.  Note: Mt. Ashland is open Thursdays through Mondays. Willamette Pass and Hoodoo are all still closed for now. They say they will be opening again when enough snow falls. Check their websites for conditions and specific schedules.

 

________________

 

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 63 in the Moderate category measuring Particulate Matter at Amazon Park, Eugene. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 129 in the Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups category measuring Particulate Matter at Willamette Activity Center, Oakridge. Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency .(LRAPA)

________________

 

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene/Springfield: YELLOW – Burning is Cautioned Against.

Oakridge: YELLOW – Burning is Cautioned Against.

(The use of Pellet stoves is always allowed.)

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Protection Agency (LRAPA).

 

________________

 

Advisories:

  • A HEALTH ADVISORY CONTINUES FOR THE PRESENCE OF BLUE-GREEN ALGAE AT LOST CREEK LAKE , LOCATED 30 MILES NORTHEAST OF MEDFORD ON THE ROGUE RIVER IN JACKSON COUNTY. THE TOXIC ALGAE BLOOM MEANS THAT PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DRINK OR HAVE DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE AFFECTED WATER AND THAT ALSO GOES FOR ANY PETS.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain or drizzle today, becoming cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening rain, rain likely (60%) late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Thursday (0.10 in. of rain possible), rain Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with rain Friday, cloudy with evening rain, a (40%) chance of showers at night.
  • highs 54-52 lows 42-46 cooling to 40 Friday night.
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers Saturday, just mostly clear at night,
  • Mostly sunny Sunday, partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Monday, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • highs near 53 lows 33-37. (seasonal averages high 53 low 35)

 

_________________

 

Forecast for the Umpqua Basin including Roseburg:

  • Becoming mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain late tonight,
  • Cloudy with a rain likely (70%) Thursday AM, a good (50%) chance of rain in the afternoon, rain at night and Friday, cloudy with evening showers, then a good (50%) chance of showers late Friday night.
  • highs 59-52 lows 42-45 cooling back to 42 Friday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday, becoming just mostly clear at night,
  • Sunny with patchy AM fog, partly cloudy Sunday afternoon and Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) Monday and Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • highs 52-55 cooling to 49 Tuesday lows 32-40. (seasonal averages high 55 low 38)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers this afternoon, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, a (40%) chance of rain late tonight,
  • Cloudy with coastal rain likely (70%) Thursday along the shore while a good (50%) chance of rain inland in the afternoon, rain Thursday night and Friday, cloudy with showers in the evening, then a good (50%) chance of showers late Friday night .
  • highs 56-53 lows 48-45.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday AM, partly cloudy in the afternoon, mostly clear and colder Saturday night,
  • Partly cloudy Sunday and at night,
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) Monday and Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • highs 55-52 lows 38-45. (seasonal averages high 53 low 41)

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Partly cloudy  today, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow this evening, rain and snow likely (60%) late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (70%) Thursday (0.25 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible), rain and snow Thursday night through Friday, then rain and snow showers likely (70%) Friday night.
  • free air freezing level 7,500 ft. falling to 6,500 ft. this afternoon, snow level 4,500 ft. tonight, 5,000 ft. Thursday and Thursday night, then 4,000 ft. Friday and Friday night.
  • highs 42-35 lows 32-25.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday AM, a slight (20%) chance of afternoon snow showers, partly cloudy Saturday night,
  • Mostly sunny Sunday, partly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Monday, a (40%) chance of rain and snow at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow  showers Tuesday.
  • snow level at the surface Saturday, free air freezing level at the surface Saturday night and Sunday, 4,500 ft. Sunday night, snow level 3,000 ft. Monday, 4,000 ft. Monday night, then 3,000 ft. Tuesday.
  • highs 27-40 cooling to 36 Tuesday lows 19-24.

 

________________

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

 

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com

 

________________

 


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder