timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column El Nino Is Really Happening.

_____

And don’t forget my final feature story in the series on service club organizations called This Moose Isn’t Named Bullwinkle.

_____

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

__________________

 

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is an “okta?” Here is the correct answer. Okta is used for the measurement of total cloud cover. One okta of cloud cover is the equivalent of 1/8 of the sky covered with cloud. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you starting Monday. Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

Low pressure (“Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) returns with rain.  A frontal system is moving through the Pacific Northwest. The warm front moved in Friday and will be followed by the cold front today. Sorry, but today will be wet for Halloween. Remember, Daylight Saving Time officially ends and Standard Time returns this weekend at 2:00 am Sunday November 1st (Or at Bedtime tonight). Turn your clocks BACK one hour. Remember the Fire Department recommends that you check the batteries in your smoke alarms, CO2 detectors, and Raydon detectors to make sure they still work. Change them if necessary.

 

_______________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 17 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 64 in the Moderate category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 35 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories:

  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TODAY UNTIL 4 AM SUNDAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, CENTRAL, WESTERN AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTIES.
  • A HEALTH ADVISORY HAS BEEN LIFTED FOR WILLOW CREEK RESERVOIR JUST EAST OF THE TOWN OF HEPNER IN MORROW COUNTY (NE CORNER OF OREGON). WATER MONITORING BY THE USGS HAS CONFIRMED THE PRESENCE OF BLUE-GREEN ALGAE TOXINS HAS DROPPED TO SAFE LEVELS.
  • A HEALTH ADVISORY CONTINUES FOR THE CLACKAMAS COVE PORTION OF THE CLACKAMAS  RIVER IN CLACKAMAS COUNTY. WATER MONITORING BY THE USGS HAS CONFIRMED THE PRESENCE OF BLUE-GREEN ALGAE TOXINS WHICH CAN BE HARMFUL TO HUMANS AND ANIMALS. SWALLOWING, INHALING OR SKIN CONTACT WITH WATER DROPLETS SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
  • A HEALTH ADVISORY CONTINUES FOR SUNSET BAY STATE PARK BEACH LOCATED IN COOS COUNTY FOR HIGHER-THAN-NORMAL FECAL BACTERIA WHICH CAN RESULT IN DIARRHEA, STOMACH CRAMPS, SKIN RASHES, UPPER RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS AND OTHER ILLNESSES. DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE WATER – ESPECIALLY BY CHILDREN AND THE ELDERLY, WHO MAY BE VULNERABLE TO WATERBORNE BACTERIA – SHOULD BE AVOIDED IN THIS AREA UNTIL THE ADVISORY IS LIFTED. VISITORS SHOULD AVOID WADING IN NEARBY CREEKS, POOLS OF WATER ON THE BEACH, OR IN DISCOLORED WATER AND STAY CLEAR OF WATER RUNOFF FLOWING INTO THE OCEAN.
  • A HEALTH ADVISORY  HAS BEEN LIFTED FOR UPPER KLAMATH LAKE AND AGENCY LAKE DOWN TO KENO DAM, LOCATED JUST NORTH OF KLAMATH FALLS ALONG HIGHWAY 97 IN KLAMATH COUNTY. WATER MONITORING BY THE USGS HAS CONFIRMED THE LEVELS HAVE DROPPED TO A NON-DANGEROUS LEVEL.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph) and a bit warmer with rain increasing today (0.50 in. of rain possible), rain possibly heavy at times this evening, rain changing to showers and breezy (Wind: S 10-20 mph) late tonight (0.75 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and cooler with showers and breezy (Wind: SW 10-20 mph) with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Sunday, then showers Sunday night,
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Monday night.
  • highs 65-56 lows 52-43.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night,
  • Partly cloudy with patchy AM and late night fog Wednesday,
  • Areas of AM fog, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler Thursday, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday.
  • highs 55-50 warming to 55 Friday lows 37-33 warming to 39 Thursday night. (seasonal averages high 58 low 39)

_____

Your Saturday College Football Forecast:

Beavers vs Utah at  Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah– Kickoff 4:00 PM PDT (5:00 PM MDT): Sunny then mostly clear, 65 and cooling to 46 by the end of the game, wind S 8 mph.

________________

 

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • AM rain likely (70%), rain this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible) and tonight (0.75 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and cooler with showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Sunday, showers and colder Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers likely (70%) Monday, showers in the afternoon, then showers likely (70%) Monday night.
  • highs 69-56 lows 52-44.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night,
  • Just partly cloudy Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Areas of AM and late night fog, mostly cloudy Thursday and at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday.
  • highs 56-58 lows near 38-42. (seasonal averages high 60 low 43)

 

 

________________

 

 

Forecast for the South Oregon Coast including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • AM rain likely (70%), rain and breezy (Wind: S 15-25 mph at the shore while S 10-15 mph inland) this afternoon (0.15 in. of rain possible) and breezy (Wind: S 15-25 at the shore and S 10-15 mph inland), rain and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph decreasing to S 10-15 mph) tonight (0.60 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with coastal showers likely (70%) and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms Sunday AM and showers and cooler with a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon while showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms inland Sunday afternoon, showers at night and Monday, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (60%) Monday night.
  • highs 64-57 lows 54-48.
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Tuesday, a slight (20%) chance of showers Tuesday night,
  • Just partly cloudy Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Areas of AM fog, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler Thursday, mostly cloudy with patchy fog late at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of rain Friday.
  • highs near 58 lows 44-46. (seasonal averages high 58 low 45).

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Rain increasing and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph gusts to 35 mph) today (0.50 in. of rain possible), rain, possibly heavy this evening, rain and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph gusts to 40 mph) tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy and cooler with showers and breezy (Wind: SW 10-20 mph gusts to 35 mph) Sunday, showers and colder Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and cooler with showers likely (60%) and a bit cooler Monday, then a good (50%) chance of showers Monday night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. today, 9,000 ft. falling to 6,500 ft. late tonight, 5,500 ft. Sunday, then 4,500 ft. Sunday night through Monday night.
  • highs 55-35 lows 39-25.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Tuesday, a (30%) chance of showers at night,
  • Partly cloudy and warmer Wednesday through Thursday, mostly cloudy Thursday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain or snow Friday.
  • snow level 3,500 ft. Tuesday, 4,000 ft. Tuesday night, then free air freezing level 4,500 ft. Wednesday, 6,000 ft. Wednesday night, 5,500 ft. Thursday, 6,000 ft. Thursday night, then 5,500 ft. Friday.
  • highs near 35-45 lows 22-35.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder