timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column A WWII Era Invention We Take For Granted Today.

_____

Please read my latest Feature article Put Them Up, Take Them Down, Repeat, No More?

 

_____

 

And don’t forget my final feature article in the series on service club organizations called This Moose Isn’t Named Bullwinkle.

_____

And my feature article about Contractors Electric called Is The Ground Wire The White One Or The Black One?

 

__________________

 

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Nocturnal Inversion?” Please remember to post your answer as a comment by clicking on “no comments /comments” in the upper right hand portion of this page under the caption, then add your comment. The first person to post the correct answer will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs. The answer has to be a comment to win. An email answer will not count. Good luck.

________________

An upper level low (Shaded “U” shape with blue arrows) is sending more moisture our way. A frontal system is moving into the Pacific Northwest bringing another round of rain, probably producing some heavy rain at times particularly this morning. Another storm will approach the Oregon coast Friday bringing another chance of rain. It’s not over. A frontal system next week will keep us in a wet weather pattern.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene-Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 9 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 26 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 16 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

________________

 

Advisories:

  • A HIGH SURF ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM FRIDAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A HIGH WIND WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON FOR THE KLAMATH BASIN, NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL, AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM TONIGHT FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A FLOOD WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM TODAY THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT FOR THE CURRY COUNTY COAST, EASTERN CURRY COUNTY, JOSEPHINE COUNTY AND JACKSON COUNTY.

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Rain changing to showers and just a bit cooler this afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of rain and colder late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with rain and cooler Friday and breezy (Wind: E 5-10 mph shifting and increasing to SW 15-25 mph in the afternoon), showers likely (70%) Friday night and Saturday AM, a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Saturday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday night.
  • highs 60-46 lows 43-35.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers and cooler Sunday (snow level 1,000 ft.), a (40%) chance of showers Sunday night through Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Tuesday, a (40%) chance  of rain at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Wednesday.
  • highs 43-48 lows 34-42. (seasonal averages high 49 low 35)

_____

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

Eugene-Springfield: GREEN – Burning is allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Advisory Courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA).

___________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) and a bit cooler this afternoon, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, rain late tonight,
  • Rain and cooler Friday (snow level 3,000 ft. in the afternoon), evening showers, showers likely (70%) and colder late Friday night (snow level 3,o00 ft. lowering to 2,500 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a rain and snow showers likely (70%) Saturday AM, showers likely (70%) in the afternoon, then a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers late Saturday night.
  • highs 62-49 lows 46-34.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit cooler Sunday, cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday, cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers, a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday night,
  • Cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM rain and snow Tuesday, a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of afternoon rain, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Tuesday night and Wednesday.
  • highs 45-52 lows 33-38. (seasonal averages high 51 low 37)

________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of rain today, a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, rain and cooler late tonight and Friday, coastal showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening, showers likely (70%) late Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) and isolated coastal thunderstorms and a bit cooler Saturday afternoon, then a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Saturday night.
  • highs 58-50 lows 49-40.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Sunday through Monday night,
  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain Tuesday night and Wednesday.
  • highs 49-54 lows 39-43. (seasonal averages high 52 low 40).

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Cloudy with rain changing to showers and a bit cooler this afternoon (0.50 in. of rain possible), cloudy with a good (50%) chance of evening rain and snow showers, rain likely (70%) late tonight (0.50 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and cooler Friday (1.00 in of rain possible, 3-7 in. of snow possible), rain and snow showers and breezy (Wind: W 15-25 mph gusts to 40 mph decreasing to W 5-15 mph gusts to 30 mph late) and colder Friday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with snow showers Saturday, then cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow showers Saturday night.
  • snow level above 8,000 ft. falling to 6,500 ft.this afternoon, 5,000 ft. tonight, 5,500 ft. Friday, 3,000 ft. Friday night, 2,500 ft. Saturday, then at the surface Saturday night.
  • highs 40-29 lows 34-18.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of snow showers Sunday and Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of snow showers Monday, cloudy with a (40%) chance of snow showers Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of snow Tuesday, then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Tuesday night and Wednesday.
  • snow level at the surface Sunday through Monday, 2,500 ft. Monday night and Tuesday, 3,000 ft. Tuesday night, then 3,500 ft. Wednesday.
  • highs 26-37 lows 16-22.

 

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder