timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Remember 2017? Here Are Eugene’s Weather Highlights For The Year.

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Core Punch?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

Upper Level High Pressure (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) weakens its hold on us. The graphics for days 1-3 show the frontal system moving through the Pacific Northwest today. An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough takes control of our weather starting today. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next frontal systems heading our way Friday through next Tuesday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 9 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 19 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 10 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge:  YELLOW – Caution is Advised.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A HIGH WIND WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING NEAR BEACHES AND HEADLANDS FOR THE NORTH OREGON COAST AND THE CENTRAL OREGON COAST.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, a good (50%) chance of rain late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with a  (50%) chance of rain and a bit cooler Wednesday and in the evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), rain late at night (0.25 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with rain Thursday (0.25 in. of rain possible) and windy (Wind: S 10-20 mph gusts to 30 mph increasing and shifting to SW 20-30 mph gusts to 40 mph in the afternoon), showers likely (70%) Thursday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday afternoon, then partly cloudy with patchy fog late Friday night.
  • lows 37-44 cooling to 35 Friday night highs 48-56 cooling to 50 Friday.
  • Areas of AM fog, partly cloudy with patchy lingering fog Saturday afternoon and Sunday,                                                              partly cloudy with patchy fog Saturday night,
  • Patchy AM fog, then a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of rain Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), then rain likely (70%) at night and Tuesday (a bit cooler).
  • highs 50-48 lows 34-38.  (seasonal averages high 46 low 34)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Cloudy with a (30%) chance of evening showers, a (30%) chance of rain late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 3,000 ft. late tonight),
  • Cloudy with AM rain likely (70%), a slight (20%) chance of rain and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, AM snow level 3,000 ft.), a (40%) chance of rain at night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain Thursday afternoon (0.25 in. of rain possible), a (40%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Patchy AM fog with a slight (20%) chance of showers, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler Friday afternoon, then partly cloudy with patchy fog at night.
  • lows 40-45 cooling to 34 Friday night highs 49-47.
  • Patchy AM and late night fog, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and Sunday, partly cloudy at night.
  • Areas of AM fog, partly cloudy Saturday through Sunday (a bit warmer), a slight (20%) chance of rain at night,
  • Patchy AM fog,  mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain Monday afternoon (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) rain likely (60%) at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday.
  • highs 48-55 cooling to 52 Tuesday lows 38-43. (seasonal averages high 49 low 36)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of evening showers, a good (50%) chance of rain late tonight (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with rain likely (70%) Wednesday AM, a slight (20%) chance of rain and a bit warmer in the afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), a good (50%) chance of evening rain, rain late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • A bit warmer with rain and breezy  (Wind SW 15-25 mph) Thursday (0.50 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog and a slight (20%) chance of showers, just mostly cloudy and a bit cooler Friday afternoon, then mostly cloudy and colder with patchy fog late at night.
  • lows 43-50 cooling to 42 Friday night highs 53-55.
  • Areas of AM fog, just mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Saturday night,
  • Areas of AM fog, mostly cloudy Sunday afternoon, mostly cloudy Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of rain Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), then rain likely (70%) Monday night and Tuesday.
  • highs 58-55 lows 42-46. (seasonal averages high 51 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of evening rain and snow showers, a good (50%)  chance of rain and snow late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • AM snow likely (70%), a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow Wednesday afternoon and evening, rain and snow likely (70%) again late Wednesday night (0.25 in. of rain possible,  in. of snow possible),
  • Cloudy and a bit warmer with rain Thursday and breezy (Wind: S 10-15 mph gusts to 30 mph increasing an shifting SW 15-25 mph gusts to 45 mph in the afternoon), then rain and snow showers Thursday night and breezy (Wind: SW 15-25 mph gusts to 45 mph, SW 10-15 mph gusts to 30 mph late Thursday night),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers  and a bit cooler Friday afternoon, just partly cloudy at night.
  • snow level 3,500 ft. tonight, 2,500 ft. rising to 4,000 ft. Wednesday afternoon, 5,000 ft. Wednesday night, 6,500 ft. Thursday, 4,500 ft, Thursday night, 4,500 ft. Friday, then free air freezing level 6,500 ft. Friday night.
  • lows 28-32 cooling to 29 Friday night highs 37-42 cooling to 39 Friday.
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday through Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of rain Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), rain likely Monday night,
  • Then rain and snow likely (70%) and a bit cooler Tuesday.
  • free air freezing level 7,000 ft. Saturday, 9,000 ft. Saturday night and Sunday, 8,000 ft. Sunday night, snow level 7,000 ft. Monday, 6,500 ft. Monday night, then 4,000 ft. Tuesday.
  • highs 45-49 cooling to 39 Monday lows 30-32.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder