timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

Remember 2017? Here Are Eugene’s Weather Highlights For The Year.

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Core Punch?” The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

Upper Level High Pressure (Shaded “Arch” shape with blue arrows) weakened its hold on us. The graphics for days 1-3 show the warm front that moved through the Pacific Northwest Thursday followed by a cold front. An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough now takes control of our weather. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next frontal systems heading our way next Tuesday and approaching the coast next Thursday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 5 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 57 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 3 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

OakridgeGREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM TODAY FOR THE NORTHERN OREGON CASCADES.
  • A HIGH WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM TODAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A WIND WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A HIGH SURF ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM TODAY FOR THE SOUTH CENTRAL OREGON COAST AND THE CURRY COUNTY COAST.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM TODAY FOR THE FOOTHILLS OF THE SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS AND  NORTH CENTRAL OREGON.
  • A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM TODAY FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN KLAMATH COUNTY, AND WESTERN, CENTRAL AND EASTERN LAKE COUNTY.
  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers today (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy this evening, mostly cloudy with patchy fog and colder late tonight and Saturday AM, just partly cloudy and a bit cooler with patchy lingering fog Saturday afternoon, partly cloudy in the evening, patchy fog late Saturday night,
  • Areas of AM fog, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with patchy lingering fog Sunday afternoon, then partly cloudy with patchy fog late Sunday night.
  • highs 54-52 warming back to 54 Sunday lows near 37.
  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain and a bit cooler Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), rain at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with rain likely (70%) Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy with rain likely (70%) Wednesday and Thursday, with rain Wednesday night.
  • highs 52-47 lows 40-38.  (seasonal averages high 47 low 34)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with patchy fog and a slight (20%) chance of showers this AM (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), just mostly cloudy and a bit cooler this afternoon and evening, partly cloudy with patchy fog late tonight,
  • Partly cloudy with areas of AM fog, sunny and a bit cooler Saturday afternoon, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy with patchy fog late Saturday night,
  • Areas of AM and late night fog, mostly cloudy and a bit warmer Sunday afternoon and at night.
  • highs near 55 lows 39-42.
  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain Monday afternoon (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), rain Monday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with rain likely (70%) Tuesday, a good (50%) chance of rain at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with rain likely (70%) Wednesday, then rain Wednesday night and Thursday.
  • highs 55-48 lows 45-40 warming to 43 Wednesday night. (seasonal averages high 49 low 36)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Patchy AM fog and a slight (20%) chance of showers, while mostly cloudy and a bit cooler this afternoon (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), mostly cloudy and colder with patchy fog late tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with areas of AM fog, just partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday afternoon and evening, mostly cloudy Saturday night with patchy fog late,
  • Areas of AM fog, then mostly cloudy Sunday afternoon and Sunday night.
  • highs 55-60 lows 43-45.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with rain likely (70%) Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), rain at night,
  • Cloudy and a bit cooler with rain likely (70%) Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of rain Tuesday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with rain Wednesday, then rain and breezy Wednesday night and Thursday (a bit cooler) .
  • highs 58-52 lows near 46. (seasonal averages high 51 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM rain and snow showers, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit cooler this afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy tonight,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer Saturday and Saturday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Sunday, then partly cloudy at night.
  • snow level 4,500 ft. today, free air freezing level 7,000 ft. rising to 9,000 ft. late tonight, 11,000 ft. Saturday, then 11,000 ft. rising to 12,000 ft. late Saturday night, then 11,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night.
  • highs 38-48 lows 29-33.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of rain Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), rain likely (70%) at night,
  • Rain or snow likely (70%) and a bit cooler Tuesday through Wednesday, rain or snow Wednesday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with rain or snow likely (70%) Thursday
  • snow level 7,000 ft. Monday, 8,000 ft. Monday night, 5,000 ft. Tuesday, 3,500 ft. Tuesday night, 4,000 ft. Wednesday, 5,5000 ft. Wednesday night, then 4,000 ft. Thursday.
  • highs 44-37 lows 32-30.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder