timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

I Remember When I Got My First One, Do You Remember yours?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question. What is “Cyclogenesis?”  The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) took over removing the rain and keeping our temperatures up above normal. The graphics for days 1-3 show the cold front that is dropping down from the northwest. The graphics for days 3-7 show the frontal system that will push through the Pacific Northwest Sunday and Sunday night.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 6 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 20 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

OakridgeGREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy and cooler today with a slight (20%) chance of a shower, partly cloudy and colder with patchy fog late tonight,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with patchy fog Saturday AM, mostly sunny and a bit cooler in the afternoon, mostly clear Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday and at night.
  • highs 52-49 lows 32-30 warming to 37 Sunday night.
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of showers Monday, becoming mostly clear Monday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy at night,
  • Partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday and Wednesday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Thursday.
  • highs 50-54 lows 32-36. (seasonal averages high 50 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler this afternoon and tonight,
  • Partly cloudy in the AM, sunny Saturday afternoon, mostly clear Saturday night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Sunday night.
  • highs 54-50 lows 37-33 warming to 40 Sunday night.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday, becoming partly cloudy late Monday night,
  • Patchy AM fog, sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon, partly cloudy with patchy fog and a bit warmer Tuesday night through Thursday AM, then just partly cloudy and a bit warmer Thursday.
  • highs 52-57 lows 32-35. (seasonal averages high 53 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler today, mostly cloudy tonight,
  • Partly cloudy Saturday AM, sunny and a bit cooler in the afternoon, mostly clear Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday, a (40%) chance of showers Sunday night.
  • highs 54-52 lows 37-42.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of showers Monday, becoming mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy late Monday night,
  • Patchy AM fog, sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, then partly cloudy with patchy fog and a bit warmer Tuesday night through Thursday.
  • highs 53-56 lows 36-39. (seasonal averages high 52 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM snow showers, just partly cloudy and a bit cooler this afternoon and tonight,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit cooler Saturday, mostly clear at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of snow showers Sunday, then rain and snow showers likely (70%) Sunday night.
  • snow level 4,500 ft. this morning, free air freezing level 5,000 ft. falling to 4,000 ft. tonight, at the surface Saturday, 5,000 ft. falling to 4,500 ft. late Saturday night,  snow level 2,500 ft. Sunday afternoon, then 3,000 ft. Sunday night.
  • highs 42-39 lows 24-26.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of snow showers Monday, becoming partly cloudy Monday night,
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy at night,
  • Partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers and a bit warmer Wednesday, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night,
  • Then partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of snow showers Thursday.
  • snow level 2,500 ft. Monday, free air freezing level at the surface Monday night and Tuesday, 6,000 ft. Tuesday night, snow level 3,000 ft. Wednesday, 3,500 ft. Wednesday night, then 3,000 ft. Thursday.
  • highs 34-45 lows 20-29.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder