timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

I Remember When I Got My First One, Do You Remember yours?

__________

Here is my weekly weather quiz question for the last time. What is “Cyclogenesis?”  Here is the correct answer. Cyclogenesis (Abbrev. CYCLGN) – The formation or intensification of a cyclone or low-pressure storm system. I’ll have a new weekly weather quiz question for you Monday. The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level High Pressure Ridge (Shaded “Arch” shape with arrows) is still trying to control our weather. An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows on same graphic) slides over the ridge to the north bringing us the chance of  shower for Sunday then dissipating Monday. The graphics for days 1-3 show the cold front that pushed down from the northwest over the Pacific Northwest. The graphics for days 3-7 show the lack of frontal systems approaching the Pacific Northwest through next Friday.

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 56 in the Moderate category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 73 in the Moderate category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 68 in the Moderate category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

Oakridge: GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

________________

Advisories:

  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Partly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, mostly sunny this afternoon, mostly clear tonight,
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of AM showers, showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Sunday afternoon, a good (50%) chance of showers at night,
  • A (40%) chance of AM showers, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday afternoon, then becoming mostly clear with patchy fog Monday night.
  • highs 52-50 lows 32-37 cooling to 29 Monday night.
  • Patchy AM fog, mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy with patchy fog at night,
  • Patchy AM fog, a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday afternoon, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Wednesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers Thursday, then just partly cloudy Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs 52-54 lows near 34. (seasonal averages high 50 low 35)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with patchy AM fog, sunny and a bit cooler this afternoon, mostly clear tonight,
  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of AM showers, a bit cooler with rain and snow showers likely (70%) Sunday afternoon, a (40%) chance of showers Sunday night (snow level 3,000 ft.),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit warmer Monday, becoming mostly clear Monday night.
  • highs 54-48 lows 33-39 cooling back to 33 Monday night.
  • Patchy AM fog, sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday afternoon, then partly cloudy with patchy fog Tuesday night through Friday.
  • highs near 53 lows near 36. (seasonal averages high 53 low 37)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with patchy fog this AM, sunny and a bit warmer this afternoon, mostly clear tonight,
  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with showers likely (70%) Sunday afternoon, a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday afternoon, then becoming mostly clear at night.
  • highs 54-50 warming back to 54 Monday lows 37-40 cooling back to 37 Monday night.
  • Patchy AM fog, sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, mostly clear in the evening, partly cloudy with patchy fog Tuesday night,
  • Patchy AM fog, mostly cloudy Wednesday, then partly cloudy with patchy fog Wednesday night through Friday.
  • highs near 55 lows near 40. (seasonal averages high 52 low 40)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly sunny and a bit cooler today, mostly clear tonight,
  • A slight (20%) chance of AM snow showers, mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with snow showers Sunday afternoon (1 in. of snow possible), then rain and snow showers likely (70%) Sunday night (2 in. of snow possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of snow showers Monday, then becoming mostly clear Monday night.
  • free air freezing level at the surface today, 5,500 ft. falling to 5,000 ft. late tonight, snow level 2,500 ft. Sunday afternoon, 3,000 ft. falling to 2,500 ft. late Sunday night, 2,500 ft. Monday AM, then free air freezing level at the surface Monday night.
  • highs 38-33 lows 25-19.
  • Mostly sunny and a bit warmer Tuesday, partly cloudy at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun Thursday, then just partly cloudy at night and Friday.
  • free air freezing level at the surface Tuesday, 5,000 ft. Tuesday night, snow level 4,000 ft. Wednesday and Wednesday night, free air freezing level 5,000 ft. Thursday, then 5,500 ft. Thursday night and Friday.
  • highs near 42 lows near 27.

 

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder