timchueyweather4u.com
Tim Chuey Weather

Check out my latest Eugene Daily News Weather Or Not column:

We Need Them When That Orange Orb In The Sky Finally Peeks Out.

__________

Here is my new weekly weather quiz question. What is a “Diablo Wind?”   The first person to post the correct answer as a comment on this page will win a week of free personalized weather forecasts tailored to your needs.  Good luck.

________________

An Upper Level Low Pressure Trough (Shaded “U” shape with arrows) moves in sending moisture filled storms our way starting today. The graphics for days 1-3 show that complex frontal system that moved through today and the next one approaching the coast Thursday morning. The graphics for days 3-7 show the next frontal systems that will be moving through the Pacific Northwest Friday and yet another frontal system that will slide along the coast through next Tuesday.

Note: Willamette Pass Ski is closed for the season due to a lack of snow, but Hoodoo is open Thursday through Sunday from 9 AM- 4 PM or 9 PM. Mt. Ashland is open and reports all lifts are operating. They will also be open 9 AM until 4 pm March 24th through April 1st for Spring break. Check their websites for details on days of operation and ski conditions.

 

________________

Air Quality Index:

Eugene/Springfield: The Air Quality Index is 8 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Oakridge: The Air Quality Index is 13 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Cottage Grove: The Air Quality Index is 44 in the Good category measuring Particulate Matter.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

__________________

Home Wood Heating Advisory:

(Posted Daily)

Eugene-Springfield:  GREEN – Burning is Allowed.

OakridgeGREEN – Burning is Allowed.

*Note: Pellet stoves may be used anytime if they produce no visible emissions.

Data courtesy of Lane Regional Air Protection Agency (LRAPA)

 

________________

Advisories:

  • A PERMANENT HEALTH ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE SOUTH UMPQUA RIVER BAR. POOLS IN THE BEDROCK ALONG THE RIVERS EDGE ARE KNOWN TO DEVELOP BLUE-GREEN ALGAE (CYANOBACTERIAL) BLOOMS THAT CAN BE HARMFUL TO PETS AND PEOPLE IF ACCIDENTAL INGESTION OCCURS. SIGNS HAVE BEEN POSTED ALONG SEVERAL ACCESS AREAS ALONG THE  RIVER.

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Southern and lower Mid Willamette Valley including Eugene-Springfield and Albany-Corvallis:

  • Mostly cloudy with showers tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Cloudy with a good (50%) chance of AM showers, partly cloudy with a chance of showers decreasing to slight (20%) and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon and evening (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), just mostly cloudy and a bit cooler late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with a good (50%) chance of showers Thursday (0.10 in. of rain possible) and at night (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a good (50%) chance of showers and a bit cooler Friday, then mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of showers Friday night.
  • lows 38-34 highs 54-50.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Saturday, a (40%) chance of showers Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of showers Sunday and at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy Monday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • highs 49-58 lows 35-37. (seasonal averages high 56 low 37)

_________________

Forecast for Roseburg:

  • Mostly cloudy with showers and colder late tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 3,500 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit cooler Wednesday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,500 ft. rising to 3,000 ft. in the afternoon), a slight (20%) chance of evening showers, a slight (20%) chance of showers late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible, evening snow level 3,000 ft.),
  • A (40%) chance of AM rain and snow, rain and snow likely (70%) and a bit cooler Thursday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible), cloudy with evening showers likely (70%), a chance of rain and snow showers late at night (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers likely (70%) and a bit cooler Friday, then a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday night.
  • lows 42-36 warming to 38 Thursday night highs 54-52.
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers at night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (30%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday, a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday night,
  • Mostly cloudy Monday AM, partly cloudy and a bit warmer in the afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain at night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a slight (20%) chance of rain Tuesday.
  • highs 52-62 cooling to 59 Tuesday lows 37-39. (seasonal averages high 58 low 39)

 

_____________________

 

Forecast for The South Oregon Coast Including Coos Bay and North Bend:

  • Mostly cloudy with evening coastal showers and a slight (20%) chance of thunderstorms with coastal showers late tonight while inland showers tonight (0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy with a (30%) chance of coastal showers Wednesday while mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of inland showers (under 0.10 in. of rain possible), partly cloudy in the evening, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of evening coastal showers and mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of coastal rain late while a slight (20%) chance of evening inland showers and a slight (20%) chance of inland rain late Wednesday night (under 0.10 in. of rain possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with rain Thursday (0.25 in. of rain possible, AM snow level 2,000 ft.), evening coastal showers with coastal showers likely (70%) late at night while inland showers likely (70%) Thursday night (0.10 in. of rain possible, snow level 2,000 ft. late at night),
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a good (50%) chance of showers Friday, then a slight (20%) chance of showers Friday night.
  • lows 42-38 highs 52-50.
  • Mostly cloudy with a (30%) chance of showers Saturday through Sunday (a bit warmer), a slight (20%) chance of showers at night,
  • AM clouds, partly cloudy and a bit warmer Monday afternoon, mostly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of showers Monday night,
  • Then mostly cloudy and a bit cooler with a (30%) chance of rain Tuesday.
  • highs 50-60 cooling to 56 Tuesday lows 39-43. (seasonal averages high 54 low 41)

 

 

________________

 

Forecast for the Cascades in Lane County:

  • Mostly cloudy with rain and snow showers and colder late tonight (0.25 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM showers likely (70%), a good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers Wednesday afternoon (0.10 in. of rain possible, 2 in. of snow possible), a (40%) chance of evening rain and snow showers,  just mostly cloudy late Wednesday night,
  • Rain and snow showers likely (70%) Thursday (2 in. of snow possible), rain and snow showers chances decreasing to (30%) late at night (2 in. of snow possible),
  • Mostly cloudy with AM rain and snow showers likely (70%), a bit cooler with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Friday afternoon, then mostly cloudy with showers likely (70%) Friday night.
  • snow level 5,000 ft. falling to 4,000 ft. late tonight, 3,000 ft. Wednesday, then 2,500 ft. Wednesday night through Friday night.
  • lows 27-23 highs 38-34.
  • A good (50%) chance of rain and snow showers and a bit cooler Saturday, mostly a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Saturday night,
  • Mostly cloudy and a bit warmer with a (40%) chance of rain and snow showers Sunday and at night,
  • A mix of clouds and sun with a slight (20%) chance of showers and a bit warmer Monday, partly cloudy with a slight (20%) chance of rain and snow showers Monday night,
  • Then a mix of clouds and sun with a (30%) chance of showers Tuesday.
  • snow level 2,500 ft. Saturday, 2,000 ft. Saturday night, 3,000 ft. Sunday and Sunday night, 3,500 ft. Monday, then 4,000 ft. Monday night and Tuesday.
  • highs 32-40 lows 22-28.

________________

 

**Because weather forecasting is a combination of science, intuition, and timing there can be no absolute guarantees that individual forecasts will be 100% accurate. Nature is in a constant state of flux and sudden unexpected weather events can happen.

________________

Get your local Eugene-Springfield and Lane County news on-line at eugenedailynews.com.

________________


Post Comment

Please notice: Comments are moderated by an Admin.


Powered by Wordpress
Theme © 2005 - 2009 FrederikM.de
BlueMod is a modification of the blueblog_DE Theme by Oliver Wunder